Wednesday, July 21, 2010

It's in the air...do you feel it...

Yes Fall...according to the Farmer's Almanac, we here in the Midwest are going to have a long cold Winter, there it is, I said it, the 'W' word...but I've been seeing signs already. The leaves on my walnut trees are falling, I see fuzzy caterpillars bumb'ling 'cross the highways and the weird thing is, there were'nt as many birds this year as last and only two nestings instead of three.
SIGNS...

SWEET'...

A new necklace made in the wee hours of the mornin'...
This lil' bumbler is huge, a good two inches and is surrounded by yellow turquoise beads resembling pollen balls...love it...
It's for sale on 'The Wild Thing' blog.

This may look like an ordinary cake safe topper, but in fact, it's a hanging light...
I wrenched on it yesterday and attached the cord and fixture, now it's ready to be hung in someone's kitchen...sweet huh...

11 comments:

Lori R. said...

BITE YOUR TONGUE WOMAN!!! Can you say Florida. I have been looking online for a flight already. Thinking of January or February..

Golden West said...

I see signs, too. The edges of the leaves on the ginkgo tree are touched with a fine line of yellow already... That was quick!

Virginiarose said...

Folk lore says you can tell how much snow by the hight of spider webs, well the ones around here are clear up on the gable end of the garage,Whats that # for Florida. Love the Bumble and the lamp
Take Care G

sassytrash said...

I noticed some leaves were starting to come down while on my morning park trek yesterday....it sure seems early....but I'm already planning my next FL trip....maybe early September.
I really enjoyed seeing your family photos!!

willow said...

A long cold winter?! Promise? Gosh, I can't wait. My feet are beggin' for the woolly socks.

MARY PERNULA said...

I to noticed it in the air today here in the Pacific Northwest. HUGS MARY

donna baker said...

God no! No, no,n oooo...It is blistering here and I hate it, but, I hate the cold too. Hate is bad, I know, but I reserve it for the weather. Pollen balls, that is funny. Though I don't wear jewelry, I like to make it too. Go figure.

nana_ang_poppaphil said...

Hmmm are you guys sure about this, cause I don't mind if you have the signs of Autumn already, it just means I can start looking around here for signs of Spring..

will let you all know if a wee while.

Greyscale Territory said...

On the other signs of the pond, we too have signs. Already I have white blossoms emerging on the top of one tree and wattle is blossoming in gardens and along streets! And winter's not over yet!

Rug Cottage and Iowa Barntiques Antique Mall said...

Hi Sharon,

I noticed the leaves on my walnut tree are changing colors and falling also. This is the earliest that I remember it doing that. We'll all need blogging therapy if we have another harsh winter.

Love your Blog,

Have a Great Day,
Nancy
PS. Have you checked out one of my new blogs...Nancysvintagetrailers.blogspot.com

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Sharon, if y'all do have a cooler Winter please send some of the cooler weather to Texas. Next week would be fine with me. Have a great weekend, T