Monday, March 28, 2011

HAY...!

Do you remember a long time ago in Victoria magazine,
there was a shop called WILD CHILD...
the article showed her and her 3 children on first page,
then showed her darling woodsy shop...
I'll never forget the floor was littered with straw
and pine needles and rocks...
I've never abandoned that wonderful landscape
for a shop!

So upstairs at Sisters', I've taken the idea out from the trunk
and again used it for display...

Again, not at the mercy of tradition,
the term quirky appears again...

Just something Earthy about it, don't you think...


Always setting and accepting trends,
all of us at Sisters' Garden never let tradition slow us down.
We're always thinking and experimenting...

and ready to take the next plunge...
thanks Brent(Barbs' husband)
for scouring the barn for hay...
for this crazy WILD CHILD...!

10 comments:

Sweet Sage said...

beYonD SWEET.
beautifully, bEAuTiFuLLy SWEET...
LoVe the new music, too.
*.*

Vintage Green said...

I am liking that look...a lot!!! Don't you love it when you get to bring forth and use an idea or something you have kept stored in your head for a long time?!

~Sheri~ said...

hmmmmmm.....wish that would fly in my kitchen!

Mama Zen said...

It looks gorgeous!

" SHABBY JUNK" said...

Oh I do like the floors covered with twigs and such! judy

Miss Becky said...

I like this idea. it's beyond feeling like you have to be sweeping up all the time. and...what vintage green said. hey Sharon, just letting you know that the soap arrived today and it's in my linen closet - making everything smell really really nice. thanks to you I'm in soap for awhile and I'm loving it. have a really great week Sharon!

House Things said...

The hay looks so stinking good...I knew it would, but I wasn't expecting this...Wow! It fits your aesthetic perfectly. I also Love how the aged walls are more noticable. The black dresser is a wow as well! Good Job...

The Attic Girls said...

I just love it Sharon! I once visited a shop in an old barn during December and she had fake snow on her floor. It looked so cool where a path was made and you could see the old flooring underneath. What a mess that must have been to clean up though!

Kathy said...

I LOVE this! I'd be tempted to toss a few sprigs of dried lavender in amongst the hay. It would smell heavenly when walked on, and it wouldn't take much...

Greyscale Territory said...

The scattered hay adds so much earthy atmosphere to the display! O how I wish I could wander your little world for awhile inreality!