Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Why I love my job...

Hey Deb, your piece turned out adorable!!!
Deb is one of the soul sisters up at Sisters' Garden, she has
a grand baby on the way and asked if I would paint this
chest for her in French grey with a whitewash...
sweet huh, now she'll add the crystal knobs.

Before...someone had actually stripped this mahogany piece,
but apparently wasn't happy with...sooo...
drawers in a row in the wonderful sun...ahhh, paradise!

Love this finish, so Frenchy...

I also brought home this old folding table of Barbs',
as you can see baby doodoo brown...
can someone tell me what they were thinking...???

TAH DAH...new life into this ol' piece...
been seein' lots of greens being used again and I heart them!!!
Granny green, remember when Granny used to
paint everything this color, that's why we have so
many wonderful old pieces in the green chippy paint...
THANKS GRANNY!!!

Yes, this is why I love my job...
I'm a lucky girl whose drive has gotten
her to this point in her life...
I want to be a stay at home mom
and work my lil butte off doing what I love...
just breathing in the
country life...

Hey...I saw a honey bee today!!!
Life is good!!!

7 comments:

Jeanine Burkhardt said...

No bees a buzzing in our neck of the woods yet - let alone "painting outside"!!! Love the wavy drawer fronts...
Jeanine, ChiPPy!-SHaBBy!

Sylvia said...

I put honey water out in a plate for my bees, I love your blog and eagerly await the sun here in Michigan.

sassytrash said...

Pretty paint colors--so spring-y! Thank heavens it's finally warm enough to paint-why did this winter seem longer than ever? Can't wait to see what you will be doing in your cool garden cottage in the coming days!!

House Things said...

Love everything about this post. I think spring is finally here! Working at home, breathing in the country life...there's nothing better!

Sweet Sage said...

i love your job, too!
and you are so very GOOD at it!
sweet projects in the sweet sunshine .. LoVe how you propped up the table!! looks like sumthin i would do :) pretty PreTTy green.
in the 90's today .. sheesh!
the ants and the crickets are out...
no complaining .. Life IS Good!
i, too, can't wait to see what will be happening in your garden cottage this Sring! color ME green :)
thanks for stopping in .. keep InspiRinG .......
kim

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

I never saw a brown egg I didn't like. White eggs, on the other hand...


SHADOW SINGER

Of shadows an old man did sing;
He chanted in Guelph and Beijing;
The shade was his friend,
He loved it no end—
It made him feel rich as a king!


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Some Shady Mangos

HOOTIN' ANNI said...

Looks like you've been incredibly busy with your time. Spring is such a good season to spend outdoors instead of blogging...so I can understand your 'absence'.

My Shadow Shot Link:
Purple Daisy in Shadows

Have a glorious Sunday!! Stop by to visit if you can find time. Your company is always welcomed.