Thursday, March 24, 2011

My better half...

I've exhibited half-hearted attempts at fame,
like Siamese twins, I'm wary
not wanting to part with half of me
knowing half will change
half not
effecting what I call normal, as
my affection for normal may mislead.
I'm aloof,
I prefer to walk alone, studying each step
at a distance, yet still in line of sight.
The allure is there still, yet
the attempts allude...
all told, I really don't give a damn,
to just frequent those half-hearted
thoughts occasionally makes me clever(er)
than I was the step before...
I like it that way, you know,
no stress,
to be really real and just know
that I did my best...
and you will say,
I once knew a wild thing!

I love it when I take a day off...it means I stay up all night,
maybe have a glass of wine(or two)
or coffee...whatever it takes...
a gazillion projects waft through my brain
and get finished in the morrow...
no worries, nothing to break my stride
and a power nap in the afternoon is not out of the question!
But what my definition of a day off is, not having
to groom dogs...my day job...ya know...
I'll still work like a dog all day long doing what I love!
Now that's what I'm talkin' about!