Thursday, March 24, 2011

My better half...

I've exhibited half-hearted attempts at fame,
like Siamese twins, I'm wary
not wanting to part with half of me
knowing half will change
half not
effecting what I call normal, as
my affection for normal may mislead.
I'm aloof,
I prefer to walk alone, studying each step
at a distance, yet still in line of sight.
The allure is there still, yet
the attempts allude...
all told, I really don't give a damn,
to just frequent those half-hearted
thoughts occasionally makes me clever(er)
than I was the step before...
I like it that way, you know,
no stress,
to be really real and just know
that I did my best...
and you will say,
I once knew a wild thing!

I love it when I take a day off...it means I stay up all night,
maybe have a glass of wine(or two)
or coffee...whatever it takes...
a gazillion projects waft through my brain
and get finished in the morrow...
no worries, nothing to break my stride
and a power nap in the afternoon is not out of the question!
But what my definition of a day off is, not having
to groom dogs...my day job...ya know...
I'll still work like a dog all day long doing what I love!
Now that's what I'm talkin' about!

5 comments:

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

May you have a fantastic day..and night if you like. AQnf boy...those two are..uh..ODD looking for sure!

Rebecca said...

Wild thing... you make my heart sing!
Great post, loved it
Blessings today
Rebecca

~Sheri~ said...

the dueling personalities.....they have to coexist to make the whole.

Me....daycare provider by day.....dreamer....crafter..."wish i could run to the wild side"....by night.

Tess Kincaid said...

I love your particular brand of quirk.

Eccentricities said...

Tart, you have the best, most off-beat ideas EVER!!! Does your brain have an "idle" gear?! The answer is NO! Love your rusty old lunch box birdhouses, too. It's cold here, booooooo! Going to spend the day inside doing some mosaics. Excited to get started on some of the new wooden forms I picked up on Ebay. Got some birdbaths and a cute iron bistro table into the booth to infuse a breath of spring, but despite my attempts, it still may snow this weekend. Keep up the "strange"!

Goth