Thursday, July 21, 2011

Bones , dem bones, dem dry bones...

Our perfect rainy spring had us knowing that
our flower gardens were gonna be lush...
and they were...for a while!

Sunburn on everything, the hosta have sunspots...

The beautiful daylilies are scrawny, not lush
and full of buds...

The tomaters are cooking on the vines, tomorrow
I'll have to rig up some sorta shade for the growing fruits,
GEESH!!!

Zucchini and spaghetti squash wilt under the heat,
but are still producing ...so far...

I've never seen Brussels's sprouts curl up their
leaves before in extreme heat and it looks
like I won't be getting anymore broccoli buds either!
BUT...

When all is doom and gloom, there is always
something to smile about at the pink shack...
THE HEATHEN...
can she pose or what...LOL!

'To plaster or not to plaster'
over at Lil' Pink Houses...

5 comments:

summersundays-jw said...

I don't ever remember a summer like this. My hostas look the same & one of my trees is scorched on one side. My garden doesn't get direct sun all day which keeps things from burning but they just aren't producing. The master gardener sight told me that plants will go into hibernation mode to protect themselves when it's this hot day after day but they'll come back if I keep watering. There doesn't seem to be a break in sight. Thank the Lord for air-conditioning. If you want to, ck. out the lampshade lady blog & see how cool her shades are. Can't wait. By the way, it was 96 in Pawlet VT today. Stay cool & I'm goin' over to ck. the pink chalet. Jan

flaƟ bellek said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Lot your blog! I live in Middletown and always look over at the little pink chateau on my way to the big cities. I hope the rain comes soon...my garden is in a bad way as well. Enjoy the day!
Cara

Anonymous said...

Oops....love your blog, but I suppose "lot" works too. hehe

cconz said...

Isn't this heat CRAZY!! Did someone mention global warming? We have ac in the bedroom only. So my days have been filled with a whole lot of nothing. Your poor garden. Hopefully the rain will come this weekend.