Friday, July 1, 2011

That pesky wabbit...

I was talkin' on the phone last night to TOT over at
Time-worn Interiors
last night and happened to glance out the window,
hare versus hens...!
It was a stand-off, but the hare won.
After chasing it around the yard, the hens gave up
and went back to grazing.

Now this is what I'm talkin' about...
where life just stumbles on by and if you're quick,
you can find the joy in every moment...!

And speaking of joy...
FIRST TOMATO!!!
Every gardener knows exactly what I'm talkin' about,
sorry, I couldn't wait, salt shaker in hand,
this tender, juicy morsel tempted as I took it's portrait.
Now this is what I'm talkin' about,
summer all rolled up in a lil' orange ball...
'Jaune Flamme'
my first heritage tomater...
ahhhh, life is good on the farm!!!

6 comments:

summersundays-jw said...

My pesky rabbit is eating my green beans as fast as I plant them & how did you get that tomato so early. Mine are still very green. I planted some heirloom varieties last year & loved them so trying them again this summer. Have a great holiday. Jan

trash talk said...

Nothing finer than holding sunshine in your hand...'cept when it lands in your tummy!
Wascally wabbit!
Deb

Vintage Green said...

Rabbits......don't even get me started.....

T said...

A little bit of nature all around you....can't get any better than that. That tomatoe looks delish!

time worn interiors said...

That poor rabbit, being harassed by those chickens! lol!
tot

Gemma Wiseman said...

Love the wabbit drama! So enjoy checking on your farm life! A serene way to be busy if that makes sense! Very productive!