Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Lil' pink houses...for you and me...

Yesterday, whilst avoiding the outside world...
I decided to redo my summer studio blog.

I thought it would be fun to chronicle living in
a pink house, fondly called "my shack"...
I'm going to expose all the warts
and wrinkles of the lil' shanty.

When I bought the house, my Dad told me I was NUTS,
but always the optimist, I could see her inner beauty.
Hey, I'm an artist and sort of a renaissance kinda gal...
I stand apart from the norm, it cracks me up when
I tell people where I live, they say...
YOU LIVE THERE...it's PINK...
REALLY PINK!!!

But I have grown to love the abstractness of the
lil' dwelling, as it's not for everyone, but it's
my home of the brave(and crazy)...
and SCRATCHY.

So in this revived blog, I'm gonna expose it all...Linkyou can catch it on my sidebar at
"Lil' Pink Houses"
I love playing grown-up in this old relic,
rearranging the furniture ALL THE TIME,
creating new venues of me...
today I'm a gypsy,
tomorrow I'm a farmer or
a hippie and a chicken herder,
but I'm always a junk whore, lusting after the
best piece out there and arranging it into my mix...
so yer gonna be exposed to it all, cobwebs
and dust bunnies...if yer scared,
CHANGE THE CHANNEL,
cuz it is what it is...
FUN TO THE 9TH!!!

12 comments:

Susan S. said...

AWESOME...I LOVE your house! You've got a great sense of style AND fun! This summer I've been posting on brightly colored homes in my area. Next up is Pink & Orange. :)

Vintage Green said...

Funny, now I can't imagine your house any other color.

" SHABBY JUNK" said...

I would love to live in the pink house,it's a dream! i am adding pink to mine. First the mailbox then...... judy

Tilda said...

if there is one thing, i am NOT, it is a 'pink' person. nothing pink, nothing with frills. having admitted that to a pink house dweller, i must also admit i have always loved your pink shack. you are a constant contrast. what makes you, you. and in the end, we must always, ALWAYS satisfy ourselves first. Sanity 101.
in fondest. Tilda
Even the THOUGHTS of wool socks today brings on fresh ringlets of sweat from my pumpkin hue'd hair dripping on my equally wet shoulders. Ah, summer.

nana_ang_poppaphil said...

Look forward to seeing the interior of you "shabby" chic home..and there's nothing wrong with pink, my kitchen is pink, and very 70's "shabby" chic.

Anonymous said...

I envy your life - in a good way. I would love to live that life - but I am in L.A. --- so........ I at least get to live it through you!

time worn interiors said...

Girl you are so funny! I love the Little Pink Shack! One of favorite place in the world to visit!
tot

time worn interiors said...

One of MY favorite places in the world to visit! Should of proofed before I hit publish!
tot

T said...

Love it! It suites you well. Sounds like your having a little too much fun out there.

summersundays-jw said...

In an era when everything we do is so complicated, the pink chateau always just seems "uncomplicated". If it's not, please don't tell me. Stay cool!!!! Jan

Susie said...

sharon,
i love your pink house :):) there is one in the next town over, i'll have to send you a picture . stay cool, smiles, susie

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

I would LOVE to have that sweeeet little house! You knew what you were getting and your love shines through! Lucky you..and lucky Scratchy!!