Thursday, October 23, 2008

Can we talk...



I have something of a personal note to share with you, my friends. I can hear my Mother now, "I can't believe you said that"...

My brother finally helped me drag in my huge Eastlake cupboard to 'the chateau', the one that has held all the mementos of my married life to 'the X'...I told myself that I wasn't going to bring it to the chateau, because of my fear of losing my home and having to ask help to take it back to my Grandmother's house where I stayed after my move back from Florida. In these uncertain financial times, the economy has not been kind to single people, especially women...especially at this age...


But I have new confidence and I am releasing it to the Universe, I am staying and that is that! But coincidence moves me to share this with you. When we moved the piece, I also grabbed a box of the packed away contents of the cupboard, why this box, who knows, but this morning as I am reloading 'the stuff' back onto the shelves of this gorgeous, golden oak masterpiece...I opened this lil' music box and this note was in it. I vaguely remember writing it out of utter frustration with my Robert Redford look-a-like, philandering husband...a note, composed by me, that told me it was over...stashed away in a charming, little, gifted music box with my favorite ballet...Swan Lake. As I read the note and the message in the porcelain swan, I reflected on how the Universe works...for some reason I feel like I have come full circle. Me, the dog and my lil' pink shack on the prairie...now, can you tell me how I can top this...yes, new life, new hope and always looking skyward...and why Swan Lake...yes, there is a message there...and I get it.
Are we not formed,
as notes of music are,
for one another.

As I am listening to the CD from the soundtrack 'Elizabeth, The Golden Age' and the coincidental music of this soundtrack of destiny, betrayal, peace and promise...I have to say thanks, thanks for letting me go, as I look to new horizons...it's gonna be a helluva ride!
I luv u Ma...
UPDATE...Scratchy 3...mouse 0...
LOL

14 comments:

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Wow that was awesome!! Thanks for this post, just what I needed.

birdtweets said...

i appreciate the personal nature of this sharing you offer us here in the blogging world. may you find that hope, the new life and skyward vision each and every day when you wake to find yourself in your little pink house with your dog and yourself!
xo

cconz said...

great post sweets, heres to OURSELVES< our loyal and loveable pets and OUR GIRLFRIENDS!

French Vanilla said...

You are a brave, courageous soul. You are right, what a journey!!! No dress rehearsals, this is IT!! Peg

willow said...

You are now a swan and have spread your strong and elegant wings, dear bloggy friend!

paisley said...

the enlargment of that photo is amazing...

the sentiment something that i think deserves reliving,, here in another place another time,, and you almost a whole different person...

be sure to post a photo of the eastlake cupboard too!!!!!

MuseSwings said...

You are WOMAN! A good strong imaginative kind loving person with hope and confidence in the future! I left the commas out on purpose - you don't need 'em. Beatiful post and very true quote!

Greyscale Territory said...

How so very strange! I too had a philandering first husband followed by a drunk and druggie! (I make great choices!) But I have moved on. It can happen!

Keep your eyes on all you wish to be and give the worlds around you! That is what I am doing right now as I struggle past panicking senior students who have now left the school (yesterday) ready to sit final exams. And of course, the love of my life (eventually I choose the right one) is still occupying most of my scattered thoughts.

My sanity is this blogland! And you are one very special person who keeps my eyes looking forward! Hopefully, you know that I would dearly love to give you the same gift! That you are a very beautiful, magical person who has so much to give!

And I still need to settle to completing something tangible for you! Sorry about the lateness, but I believe I can still get there!

What a messy post but hope it makes sense!

Stay wonderful and keep flying!

High Desert Diva said...

I've witnessed many divorces...and the ultimate transformation it allows the woman. You.Go.Girl!

Utah Grammie said...

Everything has it's time and place - this is yours, now. You are the center of this universe - for you , your pink shack on the prairie and your loyal dog - You are the one, the best, the frosting on the cake.
You go..
Colleen

willow said...

Your comment just made me laugh out loud!! :D

summersundays-jw said...

It's always amazing to think that everything before today led you to this day. The one thing for certain is that you are "resourceful" & resourceful people always make it thru. That's what I count on myself. Also, if I win the lottery, you win too. Have a great weekend!

Roses and Lilacs said...

A time machine in a music box.

That note was scary on first reading. In your heart, I hope you know you did the right thing.
Marnie

white o'morn cottage said...

You are flying! Go, go, go!