Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Treasures of Autumn






Here at Sisters', Autumn rings in blushing colors of the Mother Earth in all her glory...never failing to quench our interests, Barb has filled each room with furniture and Fall, just making you want to redo a room at home and fill it with the scents of fall and the cozy feeling of yesteryear, bringing in all those warm fuzzy feelings of old.
This first beautiful accent piece, whether used as a buffet or dresser, really makes a statement, as does this vanity. With it's unique shape, your little princess' room would be divine showing off the regal feel of this piece. Next, as always the beauty of black, the ever popular color transforms a worn piece into a beautiful, stunning piece t'resistance. The little metal institution cupboard holds many a tale, that we probably don't want to hear about, but what a cool end table with many uses, kitchen, bedroom, living room, it's old patina holds a charm that would work anywhere, even the bathroom. The old crackly shelf next to it is a real treasure, it's black natural crackling would house many a treasure. And as always, cupboards are big sellers at Sisters', holding the treasures one collects on our journey.
Stop in and check us out for the treasures you can't resist, it's truly a shopping experience and the beautiful Iowa Amish land is majesty to behold in it's gilded splendor.

7 comments:

trash talk said...

Ok, let me babble a bit-I love the lampshade reflected in the mirror screaming fall. I love the letters spelling out autumn. I love the use of naturals used in all of the settings(are these from y'alls area?). I want, desire, gotta have some of that drippy orange wheat looking stuff. I love the black candlestick lamps. I really love the mint julep cups(how much?). Sometimes my mouth is such a runaway train and I just can't stop it. BTW, LuLu signed a post honey baked ham-doncha love it? Deb

Leedra said...

I love the photographs of the antique store. I am a little confused, I thought you said you had to close the antique store. Which around here, alot of antique stores are closing. See it around every corner. Nobody can afford to go antiquing in the manner we used to. We would get in a car and drive, stopping at every antique store we could find. Come home packed to the brim. We finally ran out of space, but now can't afford the gas. We now go one place on vacation instead roaming all over the USA.

Your comment about long hair. My hair is also long, and I will be 57 in November. As you can tell, my mother has never said I should cut it. I did cut it about 5 years ago, hated it, so it is back long again. Most of my adult life it has been long.

Did you see the larger photograph of my mother and Mason? If you look at the right side bar of my blog there are links to portraits and to my greeting cards. I regularly post some of Mason there, although I try to refrain from it some, just so it won't become a Mason blog.

Thank you for all you kind comments about my blog. I hope you will visit often, I love the friendships I have developed through this blogging thing my daughter introduced me to.

Leedra said...

I have also added you to my blog list that I visit.

LuluRedstar/Lauri Evans said...

I will fight TRASH for those juleps cups. Arm wrestling is my sport of choice...BRING IT ON!
everything is vundy. so r u
ox lulu-HBH

Hey Harriet said...

I would so love to visit that place. Especially if what you've featured in this post is only a small example of what is on offer! I could get totally carried away!!!

amy said...

I love the vanity!

Vintage Sue said...

Awesome stuff! I've got a few black pieces, so maybe now's the time to bring them in... then again, the owner of my antique mall told me the other day thtat the only stuff moving these days is (still) white painted furniture). I think I'll move to a fall palate anyways. They're good pieces, so I'll let them stand on their merits....

Thanks for the inspiration! XOX