Thursday, October 16, 2008

Earth Girl

I love this new set, it's made from tektite stones and old green glass beads found rummaging through a box of old buttons. The necklace is also borrowed from an old rosary, it had the most beautiful cross hanging from it, I keep all of the crosses because the beauty and artistry just appeals to me. I call this set, 'Earth Girl', it just speaks to me of an earthly nature. My haiku for this piece...
Earth Girl, have known you,
you were my reality,
once harb'ring your strengths.

9 comments:

Bobbi said...

I love that the necklace was "borrowed" from an old rosarie. I honestly think that old things have an energy that speaks to those of us who will listen. Love it!

High Desert Diva said...

!!!!
Wow!

The Feathered Nest said...

Just gorgeous Sharon, you are an artist is so many ways ~ I love your creations! xxoo, Dawn

Roses and Lilacs said...

I like the addition of the feather and the wood wrapped with wire. Very nice job.
Marnie

vikki said...

such a great artist m'friend! love how u used/re-used parts, i love doing that, too! there is an energy ~ love that comes from art, the love of 'ol timey things & our love of nature. your poetry is a beautiful piece of art ~ u can tell u love it! as we do reading it & seeing it! thanx m'friend. hugs & blessings, vikki ♥

white o'morn cottage said...

wonderful set. Well named as Earth Girl

willow said...

I collect old rosaries. Wonderful transformation into a necklace.

paisley said...

you are really taking this jewelery thing by storm!!! have you got an etsy page?? if not you should have....

Lisa B. said...

Love the name! And the pieces...very cool!!