Wednesday, October 29, 2008

In the wee hours...To Soar...




What is it about working at night that inspires the heart...Scratchy, who was having a bad hair day, begs to go to the upstairs...but I, the intrepid artist, must finish the project. Having dragged my new purchase into my already crammed living space, this beautiful oak farm table, now becomes my work space for the creation of 'The Wild Thing' jewelry. Lots of space to pile high, yet near a window for light and in my beloved parlor to add to my creative flow. My coveted oak Eastlake bookcase holds candles for sale at my home and odds n ends trinkets, also with price tags and of course, the dog...in her favorite window seat.

This is my latest inspiration, again using old rosary beads, recycled, golden sea glass, tektite pebbles and the beautiful flying bird charm. This too, will be displayed at Sister's Garden for sale, or you can email me. My haiku for the creation.

Flights to lofty heights,
sweet rebounds at Heaven's gate
are Earthbound no more.

12 comments:

Utah Grammie said...

That necklace and earing set is BEauTuFul!!

And Scratchy's not so bad ether! :-) Braxie & Lulu say Hello to him..
Colleen

Roses and Lilacs said...

That is a lovely old table. What did you call the huge cabinet/bookcase? It is perfect there between the windows.
Marnie

Steph said...

Love the old typewriter on the table. I like creating scenarios too!

Lisa B. said...

Another lovely necklace! I like to work at night too:)

willow said...

You must tell us the stories about the old photos in your cabinet. Your ancestors?

timeworninteriors said...

I see the big cupboard you were talking about, it is huge, but it looks great in your space.
Theothertheresa

The Feathered Nest said...

OMGoodness Sharon, I am IN LOVE with both yesterday's necklace and today's set too!! I've cut myself off from buying for myself till Christmas but I'm so loving your work ~ you gotta love Scratchy no matter what the hair's doin' ~ He's adorable! xxoo, Dawn

Shab-n-Chic said...

Scratchy..what BIG whiskers you have!
He's so darn cute Sharon..good thing you don't live next door because I would nab him! Hahaha... So when and where are those necklaces going to be up for grabs? I want me one of those girlfriend!

JB Knacker said...

I'm think'in I need some more of that wonderful soap. You and Barb were right, lemon-verbena soap has been the most popular in the 2 weeks I've had them out in the shop...but the combination of the smells is to die for and customers comment on it like crazy! As I have said before, you are a talented lady...keep up the good work! And yes, Sisters' is a wonderland and Barb...so down-to-earth and friendly. I loved visiting w/ her. Hopefully get to meet you someday soon in person...Iowa's not that big. Any suggestions on new soap scents?? Brenda

Christie said...

Love the pictures of your house and your beautiful new creations! Your pink cottage on the prairie is my idea of perfect.

High Desert Diva said...

As usual...impressed with your creations!

I might drive 3 hours to a bead show next Friday...you're very inspiring...

white o'morn cottage said...

What a lovely place to spend your time..it is warm and cosy and no wonder you create such treasures there! I love it! Love Scratchy too!...Pam