Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Creeps...Shadow Shot Sunday




An ode to 'the creeps'
may they never fade,
from my garden they flourish
with web-traps well laid.

My fear gives me bumps
a disease of the mind,
but if they ensnare me,
will I turn one of their kind...

Your beauty I see not,
as I'm fleeing away
there is nothing about you
that bids me to stay.

Oh, widow of darkness
will you bite off my head,
your mating rite binds you,
I'm so glad he's dead.

But what is this I see
hanging orbs all around
ghostly visuals of infants
soon cov'ring the ground.

My fear is engourged
by the 'willies' I feel
will my night ever end,
will I be your next meal.

A friend to the rescue
with biting tongue to your fate
Jack Frost you're my hero
en'tring through ol' winter's gate.

Though long times passing
till we will meet again
I in my garden
and your seed I'll call friend.


That time again Shadow Shot Sunday...tis the season of the creeps and I would like to dedicate this to the creature that shared my home all summer. Attached to my porch, web filled with bugs of all sorts, I chronicled her life till her last dying moments, hanging limp from her web she so laboriously tended. She truly gave me the 'willies' every time I gazed on her, but it's sort of a sad tale of woe, as the summer ends, so too her life, as she hangs at the end of her cycle...alone...dying...and thanks Willow for the 'willies'...HA...

27 comments:

Paz said...

The creeps indeed but very cool shadow shot. wow!

Paz

bobbie said...

These are wonderful shots. And so perfect for almost-Halloween.

MuseSwings said...

Beautiful shadow shot! I am fascinated by spiders - they don't scare me, except for the one in the closet that was so big I could hear her walking. Perfect time of year for spider pictures. Love your poem.

Lisa B. said...

Those are awesome shots...and totally creepy!! And what great poetry!!!

The Summer Kitchen Interiors said...

Wow - very creepy....Karrie won't even come back in the room!
Love the shadow, and the poem - it's quite the "tribute" to her!!
Karla & Karrie

Hey Harriet said...

Eeeeeeek! That creepy critter shared your house all summer? I'm impressed that you allowed it to stay! I would have been totally freaked out at the sight of that everyday! It certainly does make for wonderful shadow shots though :)

Alissa Nicolau said...

That is some super spider! Some super creepy spider of a shadow shot!

Sara Chapman said...

Perfect for the Halloween season. Great shadow shot!

Greyscale Territory said...

Super creepy shots! The shadow somehow gives the creeps extra gross dimension!

And your poem is quite interesting! "If" if you are ensnared you would be like her? There is something Siren like in that thought!

Great post!

Lily Hydrangea said...

Yikes that is creepy! LOL, only a little, really she is more fascinating. Great shadow shot!

Richiesliv DÅ och NU said...

Aww... what a creepy shadows! Scary but cuties! Perfect for the Halloween theme, soon.

greetings from chilly Stockholm!

Ali said...

oh my! what delightfully creepy shadow shots!

Gina said...

Once I got over the initial shock..I appreciated the creepy shadows..and the colour of the spider is pretty amazing too!

annette said...

I just knew it Sharon, it took ages for your photo to appear fully and i could just see a tiny little black foot!! i almost wanted to not look!! They are my fear, big time and i know i will have spider dreams tonight!! Another piece of fine poetry, well done. :0)

~michelle pendergrass said...

Okay. Yeah. Too many spiders today. I'm starting to freak out.

High Desert Diva said...

Perfect!

me ann my camera said...

Fantastic spidery shadows!!!

Claire, said...

Oh my! These are wonderful shot. She's a beauty if I've ever seen one.

Fifi Flowers said...

That spider is GORGEOUS!

Rosebud Collection said...

Oh my, you really did some great picture taking..whew! Good job..

willow said...

WILLIES!!!!!! :P

Bobbi said...

Wow, these shots are amazing. You have one good camera, you even caught the shadows of the webs. Cool!

M.Kate said...

ah..Sharon, I have missed you :D
Creepy alright but a GREAT SSS for sure!! Our spiders here are all so tiny and boring looking, nothing as exotic or dangeresous looking like this one :D Hope you have a great week ahead..

paisley said...

awesome photos of a really amazing creature,,, well just so long as she isn't hanging off my front porch!!

Toni said...

I'm not usually creeped out by pictures - but I wasn't expecting this one - kinda gives me the heebie jeebies LOL I've never seen egg sacks like that before. We used to enjoy these garden spiders in our yard too, but didn't have them this year for some reason. I always remind myself that they are GOOD - because they take care of the mosquitoes haha

Gallery Juana said...

You got an amazing close-up of this cool spider. I guess she is not poisonous?

The Attic said...

We don't have any spiders like that around here, but we have a lot of black widows. I am forever walking into their webs coming through the front gate! Hey..Sir Norbert is on his way to Iowa. He's a little bummed out that he isn't traveling 1st class, but he didn't put up a fight. After I taped the box up, I noticed it had air holes around the sides..hahaha A lot of good that's gonna do HIM! bye bye Norbie...enjoy your new life in the pink chateau.