Monday, May 25, 2009

Almost there...we're pooped!!!!

A peek...but not too much...I love the sign, an old transom that came out of a demolished Victorian in Muscatine, I've had it stashed for years...

Kathy's beautifully painted white walls...bye bye...

Let the grunging begin...Lorie starts the process, which is quite simple, but time-consuming...making a wash of brown paint, slathering it all over the walls, then wiping when dry...giving it that look of- 'boy, do they have a mildew problem'...

We unloaded the trailer, when Lorie opened the back of it, she said it looked like a trip to Elk Horn flea market...

We love the floors, old beat-up, battered, flood ravaged wood...ahhhh...

The white furniture always looks so awesome against the grungy paint...

And now to unload boxes...did I say ARGH.....still planning on opening this Friday...come if you can, but don't mind the mess...that'll never end!

15 comments:

lulu Redstar & Lauri Evans said...

it's gonna be great, girls! Wish I could make the trip! You'll be just mahvelous.
ox lulu

Golden West said...

Now the fun begins! It looks awesome!

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Oh I so wish I could make it out! I know I'd spend lots of $$. Happy Memorial Day, T

Shab-n-Chic said...

OMG! The walls, the flooring, your sign! It's all so wonderful. I am on the edge of my seat for the opening day pictures.

JB Knacker said...

Looks like a road trip is in this gal's future. The excitement of it all! Good luck this week!! Brenda

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

One day at a time as the saying goes. It looks fabulous!

trash talk said...

It is looking like it is going to be a destination and a half! Love the sign...clean, simple and cool.
Good Luck!
Debbie

sarayutouched said...

it is looking great...and you aren't even put together yet!!! Best of luck this week!!! I am so happy for you guys!!!!

xo
robin.

The Feathered Nest said...

It looks amazing already Sharon!!!!! I so wish I were close enough to visit...this store is going to be wonderful! Thanks so much for the peeks, xxoo, Dawn

time-worn interiors said...

Looks great, but I knew it would! I can't wait! Good luck on Friday!
Sis

summersundays-jw said...

Wouldn't you just love to hire someone to just do even half the work. It looks wonderful. Hopefully, we'll be able to check it out soon. Love the walls. Jan

Roses and Lilacs said...

Everything looks great. I'm so excited for you. Wish I could be doing something similar.
Marnie

Tilda said...

Whelst, I feel a road trip may have to be in the future for Tilda and Beulah! LOVE the walls and floors. I am such a sucker for old wood floors. It looks great, and I wish for you great success in this new venture!
in my fondest.. Tilda

Tilda said...

Okay, so I missed it the first several eye flutters of vision. In the first picture of the window, I LOVE the capture of the white truck reflection !! AND the dead head bones of some western creature. My, what that photograph conjurs up to my mind. Definitely a road trip !
in fondest. Tilda

Anita said...

Getting ready to beat it oer there...openon Sunday? Fridays? Do tell....