Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Back in the day...





Well, would just love to show you more inventory, but where would the surprise be..right...while driving back from Sisters' the other day, I just couldn't resist taking shots of the Iowa farm scene.
It's plantin' time all over the place, farmers are in the fields and every house has a clothesline full of work clothes drying, readying for the next days work.
Can you imagine doing the fields with horses...it has a certain charm though...you certainly don't see any over-weight farmers out in those fields. Hard work, yet a sense of community, as these people work their land and praise their God for the chance given.

Went shoppin' yesterday, a truck load of smalls...to be revealed soon.

11 comments:

trash talk said...

I would love to have a clothesline...I just don't want the wringer washer or scrub board to go with it. Some good old things, just ain't! Been there, done that...don't want to anymore. That and outhouses!
Debbie

Roses and Lilacs said...

Hi Sharon, do you have an Amish community nearby? Love your photos. It looks like a prosperous area.
Marnie

KC Quilter said...

Just happened upon your blog and love it! Have it bookmarked now. Your pink house is ADORABLE! And those photos of the Iowa farm scene are priceless. Thanks for sharing!

simplyiowa said...

Hey Girlie!
Hope your day is going Fab! I'm sooo glad to be home, and start diggin' in on my sale! The Fun Never Ends!!! Hope you can come! I think it's gonna be a good one!!! Love your images, and looks like you're making great strides on the shop!
'til next time,
Barb C.

willow said...

Can't imagine plowing with horses. Seems quite the job with a tractor!

Your EG Tour Guide said...

The top photo is such a beautiful reminder of yesteryear. Sure is a pretty countryside.

Utah Grammie said...

Beautiful photos of a calmer (yet much harder working!) time - I asked for a clothes line for Mother's Day - didn't get it but got some retro-looking metal chairs. Oh well, there's always birthdays and anniversaries!

Love love love the photo of the clothes on the line!

summersundays-jw said...

I love having a clothes line -- it's like therapy. Mine is the only one in my neighborhood. Good luck with your shop, How perfect to just be open on Fri. and Sat. Jan

sassytrash said...

As always, it's such a refreshing journey to visit your blog!!

Barntiques said...

The photos are soooo Iowa! I can almost smell the clothes and hear the snap of the pins that my momma used to hang them with.

Wildeve said...

I love the clothes on the clothesline. The other shots are beautiful too. I remember bringing in the clothes for my mother, and the smell of the fresh sheets on our beds was so yummy.