Wednesday, May 27, 2009

More gatherings...

Isn't this just the coolest chest...It has a really dark varnished finish and is certainly deserving of a fresh coat of paint, but I can't bring myself to do it...yet anyway. I love the way the varnish is crumbling on the one drawer and the hankie drawers, how cool are they!

This will go to Palo, as will the second trailer load today...so hang on to your seats...soon!

More pics tomorrow, as we start to put it all together today...rain, rain, go away...I can just imagine how the people of Palo are dealing with the torrential rains we had yesterday. After living through the flood last year, it takes years to get over the sound of torrents of rain on your roof. I still feel it after the floods in 1993, that was the year from hell, I had 18 inches of water in my yard all summer...argh...such is spring and summer in the Heartlands!

7 comments:

Joanne said...

Love that chest, so much character, and story, in the wear on the varnish, and the hankie(!) drawer. A different era, for sure. Enjoyed browsing here this morning.

High Desert Diva said...

My grandparents used to slap a coat of varnish on furniture every year....they had so many dark pieces like this.

Sending you some dry, high desert weather....

Roses and Lilacs said...

Hi Sharon, think that storm you drove thru hit us last night. Everything is a foggy swamp this morning. Hope your iris came thru it ok. Mine are looking like wet kleenex this morning.
Marnie

willow said...

Yep. This piece is cool.

Okay, I'm hanging onto my seat!

Altered Glass said...

Thanks for the message on my blog re: piper. I will be at the shed tomorrow probably early afternoon. Pouring cement in the morning... Maybe see ya then.... p.s. can you let me know where and what's it called the stuff to put on copper for a patina finish. I want to work on those wind chimes this weekend. hugs

Jackie said...

Sharon, it's been ages since I visited. My shop is expanded-check blissfarmantiques.blogspot to see your school bell! It looks so cool. I saw Teresa at Brimfield-she wanted to buy the candlesticks that I got from you:)That cracked me up. Her booth was DIVINE...one day I'm gonna kidnap her and make her "style" my house and my shop! Then I'm going to kidnap you to "style" my life:):):)

ed said...

愛情公寓,情色,情色貼圖,色情網站,愛情配對,情色a片,色情小說,情色文學,情色小說,色情,情色視訊,寄情築園小遊戲,aio交友愛情館,色情遊戲,情色交友,嘟嘟情人色網,言情小說,情色論壇,色情影片,愛情,色情文學,情色網,麗的情色小遊戲,色情漫畫,一夜情,情色遊戲,色情貼圖,色情圖片,微風成人,成人網站,成人光碟,嘟嘟成人網,成人,成人影城,18成人,成人聊天室,85cct成人片,成人電影,成人圖片,成人貼圖,成人圖片區,成人影片,成人文章,成人小說,微風成人區,成人交友,成人貼圖站,成人漫畫,成人遊戲,免費成人影片,成人論壇,a片,AIO,日本a片,a片下載,av,av片,av女優,a漫,免費A片,av美女,情趣用品,情趣,情趣商品,本土自拍,自拍,性愛,視訊做愛,做愛,美女交友,美女,美女遊戲,美女寫真,ut聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,哈啦聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,視訊聊天室,成人聊天室,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,視訊聊天,免費視訊,免費視訊聊天,視訊交友網,視訊美女,走光,巨乳,偷拍,性感影片,無碼,影片