Monday, June 1, 2009

Close to Sisters'...


As we try to figure out our schedules and days to work at the shop, one thing for certain is Fridays will be my day to deliver to Sister's Garden. She is only another 30 minutes from Palo, as are many other cute country shops. We'll have to get a list together, so you gals from Texas, Kentucky and Gawgia will really know what you're missin'...ha!

But my drive up to Sisters' has always been one of comfort, as I pass the buggies on the highway and watch the farmers and their horse drawn plows cultivating their fields...the hour plus drive to work is not totally a drag.

I'll be shopping this afternoon for those garden toys we all love, till fill our lil' veranda with neat stuff...love to shop!!!

8 comments:

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Seeing a gas tank in the back of that buggy just doesn't look right? And, thanks for reminding us that are so far from your wonderful things. I keep telling you to bring a load and sell it here. I'd buy, I know others would too!!

Altered Glass said...

I love driving out towards Kolona, just to get a glimpse of a lifestyle I would be no good at! There is something in me though that says, I could go for simplier, less hectic, get in touch with nature kinda life, then I go heat up my coffee in the microwave! later gator

Golden West said...

I love those volunteer ferns in your side yard - it'll look great filled with your latest goods.

Roses and Lilacs said...

I thought the same thing about the gas can but then I thought it might not be gas. Could be water for the horse I suppose.

I'd love to tour the Amish area. Maybe someday I'll get some free time.
Marnie

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

Ah...here's to a simpler way of life! Love the horse drawn carriage and am sure would take me much longer getting to work just marveling at how they can accomplish everything they do with the simplest of tools.

High Desert Design Council said...

Yep, yep

dulcy said...

Love seeing the wagons on the road. Always such a treat!

Utah Grammie said...

Yep, seeing the gas can, first thing I thought of was "fuel" for the horse! Great photos of the outdoors..summer's almost here, huh? Seems we were just talking about all the snow!