Saturday, June 20, 2009

Shadow Shot Sunday...I am Summer's Child...


I am geraniums
and gliders in the backyard
and blue skies of promise
and good future.

I am bare feet
and pony tails in the heat of the day
and Bermuda shorts and tank tops
and the promise of play.

I am screened porches
and lace curtains on the breeze
white sheets on clotheslines
and the new scented day.

I am dew drops on petals
and rainbows after the storm
I am puddles and dew worms
and fishing by the stream.

I am summer
and I'm warm and I'm beautiful
I am constant and fruitful
and my playful promise unfurls.

I am a child
I am summer
I am sunshine
and s'mores...


Shadow Shot Sunday...where is the time rushing off to...soon it will be July and summer in full force...head on down to Australia where it's winter...how weird is that...why can't it be summer all year long???
Thanks Tracy for this wonderful meme and all of our wonderful new friends...