Friday, June 19, 2009

I caved...

Thought we could use a little air conditioning this morning...I know, I know...so I caved last night about 2:30 in the morning...you remember those days as a kid when it was so hot you laid in your well-worn, seersucker jammies in front of the oscillating fan...remember the hum, as it lulled you to sleep, forcing you to cuddle up under the clean white sheets...ahh, those days are long gone, as we now have air-conditioning...a cold, stark atmosphere now settles over the rooms...

Well, the only reason I turn it on is for the heathen...it's been so cool at nights this year, that Scratchy hasn't shed all of her winter undercoat yet...and we've had so much rain, that I'm sure the mold is starting in the grasses again, causing her allergies to flair.

So no more wandering the prairies in search of the terrorist voles in the land of the pink chateau...Scratchy is banned to the fenced yard, where the grass is mowed...but, as you can tell from the picture, she seems content...(spoiled)...

But my air conditioner is set at 80 and only comes on when the hot breezes come pouring through the ol' screen door, as the afternoon sun creeps 'round to my front porch...then the lace curtains are released to filter the rays and windows are shut to block out the heat...fans at the ready...bring it on Mother Nature...sorry Beulah and Tilda up in Michigan that are still in sweatshirts...

More rains today, as I watch my tomatoes get the same blight they got last year from the cold nights and too much moisture...new strategy next year...container tomatoes! But the beans and peas and strawberries are loving it!!!

Is it summer yet...