Thursday, June 25, 2009

A thing for shacks...


Am I in Florida...somebody wake me, I must be dreaming...it is so hot and humid this morning, now all I need is the call of the Sandhill Crane and the setting would be perfect...

This photo I took on a drive while still living there...this is so me! What is it about shacks, is it the patina of the weathered woods, the little porches added on here and there,
the history that must've been foretold behind these ragged walls...what...?

All I know is I love to take pictures of them, however, living in Florida for 3 years, I saw wildlife and bugs that would make your skin crawl...and have seen my fearless terrier cringe at what moves in the dark.

So for now, I'll take the shacks of Iowa, crawling with weeds and grasses and years of weather changes, snows and unbearable heat, 'cause this is my home and my heart...

Heartland living at it's finest, once long ago...home sweet home...