Thursday, June 4, 2009

Puppies...Humane Societies...



Are we not the cutest...Phoebe and Jeb...two lil' Shihtzu rescued from our local Humane Society. I've been grooming Mary Ann's dogs since the beginning of my grooming career nearly 35 years ago. Although retired from the biz for 11 years, starting it back up again and being able to work out of my studio, has given many an old client pause for elation, as good, compassionate groomers are hard to find.

I've always been a dog lover, as a child, my dog was always at my side and constant companion in all of my childlike fantasies...and I had lots. This compassion led to my cause for the wolf, which has been dear to my heart always. Hoping that someday ranchers and conservationists would come to an even ground on what is best for both.

I was married to an avid sportsman for 20 years and I was amazed at how many bullies and show-offs there are in the field. My husband was a conscientious hunter, hunting one on one with the animal, it was never about the trophy, but the food source. He never took more than we needed in the course of a year and always hunted alone, loving the aspect of being one with the nature of things.

But then there are the others, that see predators as a fun killing spree...shootem' while you can, great sport...sure they eat a lot of game birds, but it's our footprint that has caused loss of habitat...overpopulation...when will we wake up, there is only so much land and resource to go around.

Please adopt pets...don't breed or buy from puppy mills(pet stores)...