Tuesday, June 2, 2009

To market, to market...

This shot may seem a little strange, cause it's laying in the bed of my truck...the derned thing is so heavy, it's not coming out out till it reaches Sisters'. It's a medical cabinet and it's as long as the bed of my truck, but what a cool chippy patina in whites and pinks...

I couldn't resist this wonderful aqua chest, however, I am replacing the red plastic handles for something a little more apropos...isn't it just the cutest...

TO DIE FOR...yes, this lil' full size headboard and foot board is rusted to perfection, just the way we like it...and it's even cute out in the yard as a 'flower bed'....I love the way the tall grasses surround it's feminine head...

A funky lil' trike and the side rail of a baby bed, makes the perfect trellis...which reminds me, I have the start of a trumpet vine at the base of that porch post...hmmm...maybe this piece will have to be MINE!!!

Isn't this just the cutest lil' metal cabinet, again, perfect patina, white, garden green and rust...and only 36 inches tall, what a cute end table this would make.

and last, but not least...frames...you can never have enough old frames...what is it about frames that really makes an antique shop POP...the rich gilded patina, even in it's decrepit state is a work of art, however, these two are in really great shape.

Oh, woe is me...the day in the life of an antique dealer...sucks to be me right...