Tuesday, June 2, 2009

To market, to market...

This shot may seem a little strange, cause it's laying in the bed of my truck...the derned thing is so heavy, it's not coming out out till it reaches Sisters'. It's a medical cabinet and it's as long as the bed of my truck, but what a cool chippy patina in whites and pinks...

I couldn't resist this wonderful aqua chest, however, I am replacing the red plastic handles for something a little more apropos...isn't it just the cutest...

TO DIE FOR...yes, this lil' full size headboard and foot board is rusted to perfection, just the way we like it...and it's even cute out in the yard as a 'flower bed'....I love the way the tall grasses surround it's feminine head...

A funky lil' trike and the side rail of a baby bed, makes the perfect trellis...which reminds me, I have the start of a trumpet vine at the base of that porch post...hmmm...maybe this piece will have to be MINE!!!

Isn't this just the cutest lil' metal cabinet, again, perfect patina, white, garden green and rust...and only 36 inches tall, what a cute end table this would make.

and last, but not least...frames...you can never have enough old frames...what is it about frames that really makes an antique shop POP...the rich gilded patina, even in it's decrepit state is a work of art, however, these two are in really great shape.

Oh, woe is me...the day in the life of an antique dealer...sucks to be me right...

16 comments:

Paz said...

You made some good finds. I especially love the frames. Beautiful! So, you restore all this yourself?

Paz

Golden West said...

Nice frames! Single strength mirror is inexpensive these days - they'd work great above a sink in a bathroom.

Altered Glass said...

Love it all! They just don't make frames like they used to, do they? These would cost a fortune to have made these days.. Have a happy day, even if it is gloomy, rainy, cool.

Charmingdesigns said...

I was just catching up on your blog. as always you have the best photos of scrumptious goodies! Laurie

willow said...

You're right! That bed is rusted to perfection! Love it.

Trailer Trash said...

LOVE those frames!!!

Roses and Lilacs said...

I covet my neighbor's tricycle;) I have looked and looked... You've got some kinda nose for good stuff. Either that or all the good stuff is out in Iowa, can't be sure which.
Marnie

High Desert Design Council said...

Love that medical cabinet!

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Girl, I have searched and searched for a green cabinet just like that one for a while. Now I know it's at your place :)

Artsy Fartsy said...

Now you have to stop, that is to many good finds at once. I am going nuts over those metal cabinets! They are just chippy perfect!! Tootles, Janna

sarayutouched said...

definitely drooling over the greens and the white chippy paint!!! and i believe the veranda will be simple splendid...

M.Kate said...

Like Paz said..you made good finds. You should be here..there's so much of these stuff around and people just throw them away, I do wish it would be recycled and sold and I bet you'll make great art out of them. Happy week Sharon...hugs/M

Utah Grammie said...

Oh where do you find such PERFECT treasures? These are wonderful and I LOVE the "flower bed" idea:-) Great post and great music too ..

gourdshine said...

love the trike & rails in the garden idea... thanks! I have to go gathering soon... some of my best finds have been at curbmart!

Brooke Ahana said...

I want it all! And I want to shop at Sisters - still recovering from Farm chicks in Spokane, WA. - you would have been great to see there (it was a lot of fellow bloggers for sure!)

I'll be posting later on it! I took over 800 pictures of the trip so it'll take me a second to get a grip.

ed said...

A片,A片

情趣用品,情趣,情趣商品

徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,外遇,尋人,徵信公司,徵信

徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,外遇,尋人,徵信公司,抓姦,外遇,尋人

情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣商品,中古車,二手車