Thursday, June 18, 2009

Lazy...hazy rollin' hills of summer...






Most people think of Iowa as flat...that would be Nebraska...but the glacially carved hills of Iowa are truly the bread basket of the world. Rows and rows of corn grown on fertile plains, attest to the growing abilities of the farmers of the prairies.

I can't even imagine what it must have been like to plow these plains under with just a horse and plow...as the Amish still do today. Hard work being a farmer, no slouches on the homesteads, you grind out a living everyday as the rooster crows...sun-up to sun-down...it never ends...even in the winter.

This is what my days involve as I drive to Sisters' or to White, every week...sucks to be me, right...I have to take in all of this glory, as I drive that lonely back road...a day in the life...

New stuff at 'WHITE'...