Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The colors of fall, perimeters and a sign...


BLACK...
now's the time of year that I start painting
furniture black, hate to say it, but Autumn is
moving in fast...
love the little chair with it's floral needlepoint seat...


What a great sofa table this piece will make,
love it's skinny , turned legs...LinkI'm heading to Sisters' today...yippee!!!


Did I mention perimeters...
yes, Brandon aka BIG, has definitely formed his flock,
and Louis waits on the outside
for a random piece of tail...
it cracks me up, cuz those hens never leave Big's side,
a tight lil' community, clan, click, clutch,
it's so much fun watching they're community...
the pecking order.


Little do they know, but Big is getting the axe,
always thought it would be Louis VII, but Big
has really gotten aggressive. I feel like a knight
from the middle ages when I enter the run,
arming myself with the garbage can lid to fend
off the evil rooster...BIG...
but alas...it is what it is and Big is
ON MY LAST NERVE!!!


But I'm reading the signs as I await my first eggs...
there has been some nest forming going on in the
nesting boxes...
SOON...!

5 comments:

Vintage Green said...

What I am wondering is...once Brandon is no longer in the way,
and Louis is elevated to "Big", and head of the flock........will he in turn get aggressive? I don't know, just wondering.

Tilda said...

that is probably why i cannot wrap my head around getting chickens and had to live my 'chicken ranching' through you. i know i would never want to 'off' one. but then being attacked relentlessly might have changed my mind on that.
so are you going to eat him?
in fondest. Tilda
ps. black has been my new color for awhile. must be that age thing... never would have taken myself for a black paint painter.

Steph said...

The axe for Louis would have been more appropriate...( or the guillotine) lol ... poor Big...make sure to keep some feathers... I kept talons from a rooster once, actually one is on my voodoo necklace... Love the black furniture...not really happy to see Fall coming but it will be a good excuse for hot chocolates and lots of candles around the house! Have a great day! :)

time worn interiors said...

OMGoodness! Those chickens are so big! Wow!
Love that black furniture!
tot

house things said...

Loving that sofa table!!! What to do with that Brandon, such an attitude. Sounds familiar...