Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Fluffing inventory...playing...


This wild thing's playground...


The making of a setting...
have you dreamed of owning a little shop
just outside your kitchen door...
a 30 foot commute to work...!
Yes, it is a dream come true, though I don't have
much walk-in traffic, it's the place I store my
newly painted pieces and gatherings
from a days journey.


A setting in the making, as the warm(hot) summer
breezes blows through the glassless door of a
cupboard, it gives a welcoming feeling
to all who enter...


finis...


I love using hay in my settings, instead of doilies
little piles here and there give it drama...
a drawer filled with hay and ironstone
bone dishes completes the look...
the hay on the floor also gives it that barn look,
everyone loves to explore in a barn for those
treasures...and I never have to sweep, just rearrange
the piles and swat the spiders...
sorry, I show no mercy when it comes to spideys,
ewwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!


Textures, decay, drama...it's how I roll...
not for everyone, but hey, I'm single,
a free bird and an eccentric loner in this
borrowed life...
the Universe has granted me this vessel to play with,
so come play in my fantasy-land...
the tea is brewing!!!

9 comments:

Steph said...

I want to move in your setting! And, I'll have a cup of that tea too, please! Thanks for sharing this... and please, don't kill the spiders...;)

suzeeez said...

I love it Sharon. I would definitely stop at your little roadside shop if I was passing through. Do you put an "Open" sign out ??? You should ! I bet alot of people would stop ....your little building has lots of appeal & it would pull me in :o) Sue

Vintage Green said...

I have loved your little studio shop ever since you first started building it. It's the perfect size. And...a great commute!! And I take my tea without spiders.

And BTW....

Could you please stop showing those shell hangy down things...
you are making me want one .

trash talk said...

No one makes better hay while the sun shines than you.
Girl...you're living the life...out loud!
Debbie

MARY PERNULA said...

Love it, I am going to have to try using some hay in my shop......Hugs Mary

cathie conzemius said...

Free spirit, I'll be down for that tea, to have a seat in your little eden. I always love our visits.

Cassie said...

Hi girl! Late in getting over here this week. Busy in PA with mom. Have a great rest of the week!

awal.ny said...

I love the arched doors. You have great whites.

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

you really are fortunate...and you ahve such an eye for the beauty..and a heart of gratitude! Love ya..Sista!!

Oh..and it's OK about the spider..