Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sunday sunrise...



What two lil' fresh orbs will produce,
'hen fruit' is what my Granny called them...
walk into a garden and harvest a handful
here and there,
fresh broccoli, onions and yeller squash...
topped with fresh cheese curds
from the dairy in Kalona
and turmeric for zest and health
plus add a bit of sunshine
and silence
on a beautiful Iowa Sunday morn,
does it get any better'n this...
nope!!!!
That is unless we'd get some rain...

BTW...check the color of your store-bought eggs
do they come close to the color of my
'hen fruit'...???
This is why us farm girls do what we do...

Namaste

8 comments:

Tilda said...

yup. store bought eggs don't have that color. yours are much darker yokes than my styrofoam cradled store boughts. they have a different smell too. NOT barn or chicken smell, but a stronger aroma of egg. perhaps that is what i don't care for. I KNOW. i am eating all those injected no-no's while you are eating PURE protein.
that omlette looks pretty tasty!
Tilda
ps. we got rain yesterday. when you mention smell of rain. we had the smell of rain. which we could bottle that stuff.

Tilda said...

PS. hey, i thought you planned to off Brandon (Big)...so now it's Louis that is getting the axe? or did? Inquiring minds....
Tilda

Rusty said...

Sigh! And I had to see this BEFORE I was even thinking of breakfast. It looks yummy. As for store bought eggs - I have not tasted a fresh egg for years. All prodution here has to go through the 'Egg Marketing Board'. By the time they reach the market they are probably at least three months old. I think once we move we just might think of chickens. (I have no experience with chickens though). ATB!

Vintage Green said...

Looks yummy!!!

suzeeez said...

Looks Yummy :o) Sue

time worn interiors said...

Yum! Hope there is some hen fruit next time I come to visit! Of course I have no idea when that might be!
tot

Sue said...

Though we don't keep chickens ourselves, we have a lot of Amish in the area that sell eggs-and they are wonderful. I think my breakfast plans have changed this morning---your dish looks DELISH!
:)

cconz said...

Hi sweets Your bounty looks wonderful!! I'm having alot of trouble leaving comments. see if this works