Monday, August 15, 2011

Dream catchers, Memory catchers, HOPE catchers...

I've finished my first 'Hope Catcher'...
I had this little metal hummingbird sculpture
that I bought years ago from a metal artist
that has always hung in my living room window,
now it's purpose is twofold.

Simplicity is my style, as well as Nature my focus.
Vintage glass beads from an old necklace saved
for a special project, serves this well, as the aqua,
sky blue is reflected in the color of the morning glory
and the double spider web and branch give it
added dimension.


This huge swallowtail was sipping nectar in my phlox
flowers while I watered the wilting plants,
boy what a crazy summer...it was really flitting
through the blossoms like it was it's last meal...
strange behavior...is it a sign...

I popped outside yesterday, pruned some branches
off my silver birch trees and twisted
them into circles for my next catchers,
leaving on the beautiful silvery, two-toned leaves,
to add to my natural concept...

then added this beautiful powdery blue moth
that I was saving for a necklace, better served
on my catcher...

long side the word 'HOPE' and my pale African blue
turquoise beads...my 'hope catcher'...

Recycled glass beads from Africa embellish this next
catcher...

with the message 'soar' and a beautiful swallow
soaring into my world of fantasy...

Does it get much better...