Monday, August 1, 2011

A day in a summer...

The ham...
Brandon and his partner in crime Louis...

They love it when I first release in the morning,
running all over the place snatching bugs.
I got my first concert of the morning,
the boyz yodeling back and forth with
neighbors rooster across the street...
what a hoot!!!

Weeding and mowing and attaching a new
piece of picket fence just for fun...

I got the first stretch of chicken wire run for the
clematis to climb up the arbor...
ask me if it was hot!!!

Got the fence posts painted on my window wall,
now I don't know if I want to paint the
windows white too,
they are the same green as the old doors on my house...
The morning glories are finally getting some length
and are stretching up the buggy top.

No Japanese beetle love going on here, when I
discovered them on my raspberries. I don't have
any insecticides lying around, wasn't sure how
I was going to get rid of them, the bushes were covered.
The only thing I had was a natural flee spray in the
grooming room...IT WORKED...
and they haven't been back!

Looky what I found hiding in the vines...YUMMM!

My cherry tomatoes are finally getting red, but they
are a dark wine red...wonder what they are???
I'll have to go on safari to find the label under there.

Second crop of beans are lookin' good...
bunnies beware!!!

As the sun sets again on another day in paradise...
but too damned hot to enjoy the swing!

10 comments:

donna baker said...

Sharon, it all looks perfect except for the bugs. I love organic everything until it comes to garden pests. It will be 110 here this week and no rain since April. I spend my days and nights watering, trying to save my shrubs, trees and citrus. Potted plants have to be watered every day. Never thought I'd say it, but I can't wait for this summer to end.

Sue said...

It's all looking good....but now I'm wondering--my cherry tomatoes are starting but NO sight of a butternut on my vines. What a screwy summer!

Jeanine Burkhardt said...

The picket fence - REALLY added to "the look" - just like jewelry on the dress...
Jeanine, ChiPPy!-SHaBBy!

Jane said...

Those tomatoes look like mine and they are called Chocolate Cherry. I bought them based solely on the name. Yum.

Susie said...

hi sharon, so the boys were singing good morning to you...so funny. once they start it's like trying to out do each other. they sure are big now. good paint job. gee girl, work ? is that all you so :):)? smiles, susie

Vintage Green said...

I love all the fun things you are doing "around the place"....and I have to admit...I am still sorta jealous of that buggy!!!

Rina ... also Chester or Daisysmum. said...

Hi Sharon, So glad I found your blog ... just love the pink walls, the green growth everywhere off to check out the rest

Leigh said...

I absolutely have to ask, what is the natural flee spray? Come to think of it though, I haven't seen any Japanese beetles here so far this year. Maybe it's too hot for them too???

Jackie said...

It sure does look like paradise. I especially love the chickens!

Eccentricities said...

That swing looks so inviting - we can't feel the heat from the pic!! I can't wait to sip some tea on the back patio again. How sad is it when 95 feels "cooler"? Love that old buggy - I pinned it to one of my Pinterest boards! Been talkin' to my buddies about a trip up to Iowa in November - you game?! I can't wait to see your projects first-hand!

Cheers,
Goth