Saturday, August 20, 2011

Shadow Shot Sunday...Ta Daaaaaaaaaaa!!!


These are what you call Xtra small...
your first eggs are the prototype for what lies ahead,
huge eggs that will fill the space in the carton.


Not very big, but you should've seen the smile
on my face when I first discovered...BIG!!!


The hens have a squawk when they lay an egg,
it's either a sound of joy or an OUCH...
not sure, but it makes me come a runnin'...!


Mr. Big(Brandon) and the girls...
the flock of 4,
he is their champion, the one that guards the flock.
They all run to him when in distress
and rarely leave his side and get scolded
when they do...
he's a nasty lil' flocker...
trust me!


Alas, poor Louis, I knew him well...
but this will be the deciding factor,
the true grit of being a farm girl...
can I 'off' Louis...
well, that's what those big girl panties are for, right.
Do I want to spend every day in the winter
letting Louis out early so Big doesn't beat
the crap outta him...
or do I do the 'deed' and show true grit...


Well, that's another chapter on
'the farm'...