Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I guess you're right...


I am a lucky girl...
I do my part time job in the morning
grooming dogs, then I take time to rearrange
my back porch so my rocker now faces the outside...
now that's some important stuff...right!


then a trip to Good Will produces this cute lil' table...


a quick coat of black paint transforms, plus a cute lil'
knob gives it garden charm...


a bumblebee...it's goin' to Sisters Garden...

Linkyou could say I have my clucks in a row...


I have a great place to store and display my inventory,


while I decide where to take it next...


the cutest garage slash studio slash workshop
EVER...


a minimalist hen house, for minimalist needs...
without cable TV,
one needs some sort of entertainment and I feel
so fortunate to play out my fantasies
and farm dreams on my micro ranch,
but being alone makes it more
of a challenge, especially financially,
but it also gives me that freedom
to create on a whim with very little scheduling...

and a really good guard dog, one that's by
yer side day and night, always faithful,
and ready to please...
comes when called and lets go of the chicken
on command(most of the time)...
she is my champion and the source of my smiles
everyday...Scratchy, aka...no Scratchy no...

all in a day!

13 comments:

Sue said...

What a wonderful life!
And that "bee" knob---so cute-that was a nice finishing touch.

Steph said...

I love your posts, there is always something to make you smile and something to make you think and something to make you go "woww"!

Gemma Wiseman said...

Such a cute corner of the world! Enjoyed the wander there for awhile!

suzeeez said...

Life is good :o)

summersundays-jw said...

Sounds like a good life to me.

summersundays-jw said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vintage Green said...

Not a bad life at all my friend....

I keep noticing in every photo how red your chickens combs are.

Tilda said...

i love the guard dog that 'let's go of the chicken on your command, most of the time...'
big smile.
i am working in the barns today moving things. yes, life like we know is, is gratifying.
being barefoot makes it all the better. but i know the stinking boots are coming. faster than i would like. but coming none the less.
tilda

T said...

What a great life you have! To be doing something you love, to be living like you want. Your porch looks amazing. And I am still wondering how you have so much energy and seem to get so much done in a day!!

The Feathered Nest said...

Hi sweet girl!! I love your home so much and such wonderful chickens too!! Beautiful transformation on the table ~ it's always good to see Scratchy keeping things in order :) I hope all is wonderful with you Sharon, hugs and love, Dawn

time worn interiors said...

I think we are both lucky! You do have a wonderful life on the ranch!
tot

Anonymous said...

Your a lucky gal!!! The best part is you realize it.

Kathy

Jackie said...

LOVE the henhouse! I think you should open a B and B so we can all come visit your micro ranch-way cool.