Thursday, June 26, 2008

BOORRRING....time to play outside...






OK, I have been moving stuff for an entire month, emptying out our store and trying to fit the candle/soap biz back into the chateau...NOT...did I acquire more stuff??? I'm also in the middle of redoing my kitchen, stripping the paint off the floor and taking down the 60's paneling exposing the 1930's wallpaper, so the extra stuff is a pain. Good thing I live alone...I'd be driving HIM crazy, Scratchy doesn't notice, cause it hasn't effected her space on the floor(food bowl). But living in an old farm house that's had no improvements since the 1960's paneling, is not for everyone. It drives my daughter(city gal) crazy with my lifestyle, but I'm just curious as to how simple one can live without all the conveniences and still be happy. I use a rotary mower around the house and allow the rest to blow in the wind, although keeping the trees and weeds out is a chore, the effect is beautiful in the prairie winds. The horse statue was here when I bought the house and stands as a symbol to the mustangs that once wondered the lands. It ain't much, but it's mine, all 6 acres with plenty of room for gardens. I'm trying to keep a little patch of Eden for the wildlife as the industry encroaches with light and noise pollution...maybe something a little more remote is out there for me, but for now this is it...you just wanna live in a little hundred year old pink granny's house don't ya'...maybe some day I'll don the long dresses of the pioneers as did Tasha Tudor, who we'll all miss...naaaa, I'm more the Calamity Jane type...gimmee my jeans and my boots...lotta work ta be done...I'm thinkin' of raisin' chickens and bees again, what fun!