Friday, June 13, 2008

Here we go again...






Who opened the flood gates??? As another weather system approaches, I ready my little bag of supplies for the trip to the basement...Scratchy in tow...so far so good, no tornado sirens yet, but with the sky so ominous, you have to be prepared. My heart goes out to the people of Cedar Rapids and Iowa City, as their historic communities are being ravaged by the rising Cedar and Iowa rivers. My Grandson lives in Cedar Rapids and his job closed the doors yesterday because of the flooding.

The waters rise again in our little town, flooding the riverfront parking...AGAIN. But such is life on the river banks, a choice you have to live with every year. Thank God for the levies, if ours should break, the little pink chateau, may be beach front property. I live close to the bluff, but that is no guarantee that the rivers historic path will not reach my doorstep.

As the interstates close for flood waters and people are forced to shelters, we thank God to be alive as our hearts go out to the families of the boy scouts killed in the tornado tragedy.

To my friend Cconz...I hope you are doing well in Lone Tree and your jobs are secure at the University of Iowa Hospital, as with you too, Barb, at Sister's garden, as highway after highway to your shop are being closed...I sure hope I can get there to deliver next week...doesn't look too promising though.

But the beautiful sunrise still gives a glimmer of hope.
PEACE