Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I just love the garden stuff at Sisters'...




There is just something that draws you to the garden urns and old white paint of the iron patio chairs. The chippy white paint just rings of antiquity and old world charm that makes me want to wonder the garden...however this year with all the flooding, we have an abundance of skeeters and they are voracious. I tried to fill the birdbaths last night and was chased to the porch by the lil' buggars...but the drive to Sisters wasn't as bad as I thought it would be with all the road closings. I got to drive through historic Iowa City and see some of the fabulous old Victorian homes, although many were ravaged by a tornado that swept through there two years ago, it was still a step back to the 60's for me when all of us kids would party in this college community (we won't even go there, another chapter). To live in the Midwest, you have to be of hardy stock and prepared to help your neighbors in the hard times...just good ol' country folk in the land o plenty (so far).

The French street brooms are here...just in time for flood clean-up...