Monday, January 3, 2011

Are you a dreamer...pick your one word...

I'm guilty...
I dream of a world that is not of two parties tearing apart
each other in vast worldly schemes of war and profit...
I dream of Utopia, where wildlife is still wild and free,
not hindered by highways and subdivisions
and overpopulation by a species that cares not for it's own...
I dream in technicolor...

I have Magnolia Pearl dreams...
I dream of a simple life, unshackled from perfectionism,
an appreciation of old and tattered
and dust on the mop boards ...
I marvel at a cobweb in the corner,
what a life she must live
near an old vase on a windowsill filled with fading red roses
and sunshine...
ahhhh, what a life to be small
insignificant...

...an artists life is filled with a beauty that many don't see,
a fold in a velvet ruffle that is mixed grays and blues,
the sky, many shades of azure and mauve and scarlet...
the colors of a decadent past laid out to dream on,
sumptuous dreams...

An antique dealer has multifaceted dreams...
some for profit and gain,
some for the need to fulfill the desire to see beauty all 'round
and to marvel at the stitches in time
some woman old or young had sewn in her duty to her husband
and her family and a life long gone now...
only remnants of her thinking and her caring...
yes I dream of these things...
I'm an artist in life and many things most don't care of,
simplicity...

I see a beauty perhaps to alter or to leave it as is...
to display it in antique shops or on the road, makes no matter,
it's all hard work that I love.
To see that look on your face when you find YOUR perfect treasure
is worth all the tea in China to an artist who dreams...

DREAM...it's my one word for 2011...