Saturday, January 22, 2011

Shadow Shot Sunday...Heartland...

I'll make peace with Winter
only when I became a merchant
did he become so full of dread
is it my age of resolve
to many of life's misfortunes
or is it reason
it will be here again
like clockwork, always is,
but resolve has blessed me
with patience and peace of mind
come on ol' man Winter
you have a beauty
like no other season
pure white frozen tundra
air so crisp and breath-taking
the boards beneath my feet crack
as if telling me
'tread here only if you dare'
but tread hither I will
into my brave new resolve
WINTER
you don't scare me!


My mini-wind mill,
back in the day, probably the 30's, they started producing these
tiny copies for a city wife's garden,
everyone had them, little reminders of the good ol' days,
as more and more people moved to the burbs.
My little fella never stops whirling, he just spins away the days
in my secret garden awaiting the summer breezes...
like me I guess...it'll come,
always does...

In the meantime, head on over to Harriet's world,
bet there's a bunch of us waiting in the SHADOWS!