Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A life's journey...

A time to reflect...
have I done a good job of it...
I think so and that is all that really matters!
To grow old gracefully and be who you are...

I love Tasha Tudor and the way she lived her life.
Simple means, though I'm sure her many books
left her above simple means, however the lifestyle she embraced
has always fascinated me since Victoria started printing her...

I see myself...Barb@ Sisters' always said you remind me of Tasha...
how sweet was that compliment and so taken to heart.
I love living alone, dreaming of ways to simplify my life...
in the old ways...
up before dawn collecting eggs,
feeding the critters, tending to chores...however,
there are limits today...
Still have to make a living, so in this fast paced economy,
the simple life still eludes!





A Sweet Repose...

9 comments:

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

I love Tasha Tudor and even have one of her quotes on my side bar. She so inspired me for her love of Corgi's to get one myself. She was such an inspiration to so many of us.

Motherkitty said...

I, too, love Tasha Tudor. I would love to live as simply as she did, but with a husband, a 16 year old daughter, and four feline family members, it is difficult to do. My husband thinks I'm nuts for wanting a simpler life. He and my daughter are techno nerds, and love gadgets. They tease me because despite having an automatic dishwasher, I still do dishes by hand. They don't seem to grasp the calming effect it has. Ah well. I do what I can as simply as I can when I can. I love your blog. It never fails to inspire and relax me. Best wishes to you from Omaha, Nebraska. (Another lost continent. ;-D) Gentle hugs!

Tess Kincaid said...

Oh, gosh, I love Tasha Tudor. But you probably already guessed that.

Golden West said...

Charming!

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Oh to have the means to live simply! Sounds like an oxymoron to me, but it's life..now. Maybe our simpler times are just around the bend..here's hoping!!!

summersundays-jw said...

I've always loved Tasha Tudor -- we have so much in common. I think you have a book inside of you. You take wonderful photos, write wonderful prose & your nests that you paint shows your artistic abilities. Put me down for the first copy. Stay warm! Jan

Mindy/Raymond Homestead said...

I love Tasha Tudor as well! What a woman she was. We could all learn many life lessons from her!

MARY PERNULA said...

I love Tasha Tudor too, I saved that Victoia Magazine so I could look thru it again and again, I love how she lived her life, thanks for sharing this lovely women. HUGS MARY

vintage vine said...

Love this chest! It has such great character!