Monday, January 10, 2011

Ruthless...here's the deal...


ynonymsRUTHLESS: adamant, brutal, callous, cold, cold-blooded, cruel, cutthroat, feral, ferocious, fierce, grim, hard, hard-hearted, harsh, implacable, inexorable, inhuman, ironfisted, killer, malevolent, merciless, mortal, obdurate, pitiless, relentless, rrevengeful, sadistic, savage, severe, stern, stony, surly, unforgiving unrelenting, unsympathetic, unyielding, vicious, vindictive, without pity...does this sound like some of the dealers you know...ever been to an auction or estate sale???

Lorie and I were talking yesterday up at the Junk Asylum and decided to use the word 'RUTHLESS'
for the header of the Junk Whores blog...well...
for one thing, it's less gritty for some people, looks better on paper...
for those people...
more humane...know what I mean...
HOWEVER...
we will still be the Junk Whores, our t-shirt and paraphernalia
will still say Junk Whores
and for those who 'GET IT', we'll be the same old fruit loops!!!
No, we haven't had issues yet, but you know people, right...
so we've toned it down...a centimeter...
let me know your thoughts...


6 comments:

Tilda said...

I absolutely LOVE it. You nailed all the descriptive words right on the head. It depends on which side of the selling table you are on, to GET it. Having worked both sides, I have always GOT it. But like you, I still LOVE this business, either when selling or buying. Can't wait for spring, the garage sales, the flea markets and the auctions to begin. We are a deranged bunch.

Rebecca said...

Yes, I get it... unfortunately I have been in the business long enough to have experienced all sides. Some a little scarier than others and being on both sides of the fence helps my perspective to be a little more merciful. Maybe soon I can come down and take advantage of some of that whoreness... {is that a word?) :) that you girls have conger-ed up!
Wishing you a most blessed new year filled with cool stuff.
Blessings
Rebecca

MARY PERNULA said...

I love it, go with it. HUGS MARY

sassytrash said...

I liked the first name, but certainly get this one--it's REAL!!

(Uh Oh....I hear frozen rain hitting my window again....cabin fever has set in....SOMEBODY GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!!!)

Lori R. said...

Love, Love the first name, but when in business, the idea of the first name may offend some, and when in business, you want all and everyone to enter, feel invited, and comfortable to purchase your stock of "whoreness"(word stolen from Rebecca). SO, with that said,,,, I think "Ruthless" is another great choice and by the "Thesaurus by Sharon" fits you and Lorie to a "T".

Lori R. said...

WAIT A MINUTE!!!! I just went back and read all those synonyms again... that doesn't sound like you and Lorie at all!!!! YOU TWO ARE TWO OF THE SWEETEST PEOPLE I KNOW!!!! hmmmm..... what to do, what to do,what to do ,,,,
okay, so I think I will enjoy just following this and see where it lands!!!!
Best of Luck!!!