Monday, February 9, 2009

February Thaw...
















Normally we have a slight January fall, but that came in December this year, with all the snows melting...but now we have this February thaw with 50-60 degrees, very unusual, as we all hold our breath for the next big snow.
We've been lucky in our area, all of the snows have gone North or South of us, unlike last year where we had 10 inch snows every weekend. As a retailer and small biz owner, you freak-out up North. Will the customers be able to come...will I be able to get to my store...such is life in the Nor'lunds. Lisa B...don't know how ya do it...ha!
But a trip to Sisters' makes the anxiety all go away when you feel Spring the minute you walk in the door. Fun stuff, Spring house-cleaning kinda feelings with a new piece of furniture to add to your collection. Or a new scent in candles and soaps, like the Lily of the Valley just in and Lilac soon to be delivered. The house will smell of spring blossoms and lazy days of summer.
Funny thing though, with chaos all around...Country Home magazine issuing it's last publication, Rachel Ashwell(Shabby Chic) going bankrupt...and many more disappointments with job closings and such...we at Sister's Garden still cling to the old fashioned values. We know what you like and strive to surprise you with new trendy goodies...and just know that we appreciate your support in all you do to keep us with you in these trying times.
Let the SPRING begin...

18 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

Lovin' all the merchandise you pictured.

Hope the heavy snows stay clear of your area so the shoppers can come!

willow said...

I have that same piece of McCoy in the bottom shelf of the little cabinet! And love those buttons in the first pic! ((drool))

You know, I would be one of your regulars if I wasn't so darn far away.

patricia@ReFind Home&Garden said...

Hey Sharon, I love your blog and check it daily. Well I just fell in love with those buttons and that sampler. I am crazy about anything with birds. Are these items for sale and how can I get them? Patricia

Roses and Lilacs said...

We are supposed to break records here Tuesday when the temps reach the 60's. It will be a mess of mud and water but probably worth it. Nice stuff in that shop. I'd give a lot to be closer.
Marnie

THE VERANDA said...

What great treasures! I am so ready for Spring.... Maggie

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

Love it all - fabulous stuff! Wish I could come on over there...

time-worn interiors said...

I'm coming baby!
Theresa

trash talk said...

Here's to spring and sunny days to come. Debbie

Artsy Fartsy said...

Your chippy furniture pieces in this post are just to die for!!! Love them all,
Janna

summersundays-jw said...

Your pics are great as usual. Makes me want to come north. I sent an email a couple of wks. ago but not sure you got it. I'm wondering if you do just a natural color chunky soap. I have a great old bottle I found that's really big & I'm interested in filling it with soap to sell. Have a great week. Jan

Barbara said...

I love the buttons (I think they're buttons) sitting atop the sampler... so pretty! Actually reding the comments I think everyone does :)

paisley said...

i love that first cabinet with all the different sized drawers.. dont think i have ever seen one quite like it... you find the coolest stuff!!!!!!

Utah Grammie said...

Love the green hands- just picture them with rings, bracelets and lots of glitz!

Glad the weather's be kind to you - hopefully, spring is on it's way and you won't have too much snow to shovel..

M.Kate said...

What wonderful treasures you have Sharon. When is spring coming? seems like its a long winter..or is it common? You should come here...it's so hot I could not step out directly under the sun nowadays..

Shab-n-Chic said...

Would you STOP it with all these great pictures from SIster's?!!!
I would be all over that harvest table for $399. Yes, I enlarged it to see the price..Damn you Sharon!!!
Put that table in your truck bed and get out here...Pronto! Ha!

Greyscale Territory said...

What an amazing collection! I have scrolled back and forth I don't know how many times trying to notice all the details of every little bit!

The one that fascinates me is on the shelf in the last photo. I am not quite sure if I am looking at a lamp with a kind of pot base, but then there seems another globe shape without the base on the bottom left of the photo. It's a kind of multi-coloured orb! Whatever it is I am fascinated!

(Now tell me they are two quite separate items and my eyes are deceiving me! But I have a great imagination! Ceramic tiles in a ball shape maybe?)

Terry said...

Oh when I read this post Sweet Repose, I had so much to say but at the end, when I saw these flags, my heart was so moved.
Such a glorious sight, these American flags and such a great poem underneath!
I just have to say, "God Bless America!".....Love Terry

I will come back later when I can write a bit more!

Pagan Sphinx said...

I have a glass hand like those you show pictured, only in cobalt.

Really enjoyed this post. Thank you!