Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Shop of my own...

Isn't this just the cutest storefront...I found this one day surfing the net. A dream yes, but not an impossibility, right. I've resolved myself to the fact that I have too much going on to actually have a shop of my own, so I'm pouring everything into my daughters' shop and Sisters. Trying to do them and one of my own has been trying to say the least.

But, with renewed interest and adjusting to a 'work at home' lifestyle...I think I've got it by George...the best of both worlds! My daughter and I have totally redone her store and many more after hour redoes are in the schedule...SPRING CLEANING...at it's finest. Isn't it funny how things are for us women, give us a little spring weather and we go all goofy on ya. Like nymphs dancing to the tunes of the faun...we tread through our worlds with dust mop and shopping cart, ready to tackle a new day and a new season...men have no clue(unless they're gay...God love um)!

Funny how the season of winter slows everything to a stand-still, while we pour through our old copies of Victoria and Country Living for the inspiration needed to bloom in the spring...our time of freedom from the shackles of winter and the boredom of being stuck at home for months on end...sounds like paradise found...I'm home at last, free...more coffee please...

OK...whatever...I'm a born junker(my Dads' fault)...I feel road trips on the horizon...to wander lustfully in the realms of the Trash Gods...sifting and clambering over hill and dale...honey holes to be explored...big-garbage pick-up...ahhhh...this is the life...show me a piece of treasured trash in the ditch and get the hell out of my way!!!

Ahhhh...SPRING!

14 comments:

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Sharon, I love this post. Probably because I can so relate to it. Hoping you are having a Spring day today, it will be almost 80 in my neck of the woods and back down to 40 tomorrow, but then that's just Texas weather for ya!

High Desert Diva said...

Steer your upcoming road trip to Oregon.

Love the shop front you found.

Jackie said...

Sharon you are so right about the magazine thing! The blogs are an online mag! Brilliant. It's sunny here today, but cold as hell outside...

trash talk said...

Hey girl, So much for the "Granny's been dead a long time" look, right? I am busting at the seams to try for something different. I just need warmer air to stimulate me and not the kind C.D. emits!
You so hit the nail on the head with your comments about the vacuum. I hadn't thought about it until you pointed it out. Magazines do give a unrealistic approach to what we can and can't do in our homes. Yea!!! Got freedom in our sites.
Tn'T

summersundays-jw said...

Oh, we have so much in common. Just the hint of spring revives my soul. My Dad would go off to an old auction & come home with boxes of "stuff" -- it would be like a treasure hunt. I feel sure I get my love of junk from him. Hope it's warmer in your neck of the woods then it is here. Jan

Roses and Lilacs said...

I'm just the opposite. Think this dark, dreary weather is getting to me. No energy, food doesn't even sound good anymore. If spring doesn't arrive early I'll be on Prozac;)
Marnie

white o'morn cottage said...

Yes, I can feel the stirrings of spring ...in my waters!
Boy, do I need it. It has been a long sad winter. Roll on spring!

willow said...

There are trash gods? Well, that certainly explains a lot. They certainly have a sway on me!

I hope you start a little shop in a store front just like the one you pictured.

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

Beautiful storefront - very inspirational, don't you think?

cconz said...

I love you sharon, soul sister's!!! I can't wait to go "hunting" and the road trips are on the horizon. I've been dreaming and can't wait to get my hands on that shop. to transform it to it former glory.

Anita said...

Such a cite, Frenchy store. I'll have to remember that should I ever decided to reopen...There's a great spot here in Mt vernon right now, good windows and right on main street...but I'm kinda worried. So email me some inspiration or good news or something...

Anita

Anita said...

Sharon- which sister? Barb's dark haired sister- I am horrible at names. Let me know how I cn help.

I don;t think the rent is that cheap- $450 for 450 sw feet- is that cheap? Plus utilities....

Anita

Utah Grammie said...

Ah yes, the call of the Swiffer is upon us all! It would be nice to wash the windows and actually have them stay snow-free for at least 48 hours..

As for the shop- yes, lovely. I think I'd hang it up just for the seasonal look it has, not to mention the inspiration!

You go girl -and if your road trips bring you to Utah, you'd better plan on staying with us!

Greyscale Territory said...

Your gypsy soul is stirring but I feel you have found a world that gets you through the times when your horizon is no longer to be seen in the midnights of winter. Wow have you opened since first you began blogging! So many gyspsy spirits (me too) gather round you! It's always a warm and friendly hearth here at your blog.