Monday, February 2, 2009

Paths and Big Trees



you sing to the sky
you journey to peace
oh dream catcher
of hidden paths and
golden shadow.
a secret garden
harb'ring a lullaby.
tender fingers
comb my hair,
rooted in time
you shelter a moment
you herald the winds
you dwell in a soul.
as I stir the passions
crisp leaves drift
on season's past
fresh leaves
on a season's breath
teach me to whisper
ancient silent guardian.
I sing to the beech
a lullaby
to the winsome willow
a sonnet
to the sycamore
an ode
to forest kin
my native friend
a moment of grace
a medly
of reflection
of serenity
of calm
oh, teach me to whisper...

I am the wind...



A poem for a tree and yes, I'm a tree-hugger and proud of it,
a necklace to remember a friend,
of 'Paths and Big Trees'.
Recycled glass and fire-glazed glass beads grace this new necklace,
weathered wire and weathered chain
link baubles and memories
and a leaf
on a path with
big trees.