Saturday, February 21, 2009

Shadow Shot Sunday...Whisper and Wait...

A Winters' warning
stirs soft, lazy dreams
disturbed white frozen fluff
again harbors a silence
it whispers...wait...
a nights dark howling presence
gathers it's carnival
of wicked unrestrained revelry
while thee sleep
demons gather Mardi Gras
it howls...observe...
do not be fooled
by masked monks
these spring nymphs
masquerade and swoon
follow me...soon...
I will shower thee
with a cache of promise
fresh green garland
petal-strewn hair blown free
sweet song and scent
nourish hope...listen
I follow the wind
I am the prelude
I am unrestrained revelry
I am carnival
the rite of spring.
Funny how things can change in an instant...Mulder thought Spring was upon him, but like we say here in the North...it ain't over till it's over...I won't complain(too loudly) of the 3 inches we got last night, because deluding myself is fruitless, Spring is a month away.
But as March approaches, we know these snows don't last, as warm airs move them in liquid form to the South, to the Gulf.
But for now it's Sunday in Australia, Shadow Shot Sunday is again upon us...our charred neighbors to the South could use a little of this snow and rain, instead we'll send you shadows...in hopes that it will lift some of the sorrows your country feels today...as we here in the states are witnessing early tornadoes, lake effect blizzards, mudslides, ice storms, freezing temps and wildfires in my Florida, river floodings and droughts...have I left anything out...geeeez Louise, what next!!!
Have a wonderful weekend...in spite of the snows(and see above), my bloggy friends!