Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Sweet Songs of Love...















I love the pictures on the fronts of romantic old sheet music. Music to woo a lover to spoon on the old settee in the parlor. Can you imagine the kids of today spooning...there's a word for you Willow, the lost art of 'spooning'.



I am TOTALLY illiterate when it comes to playing an instrument and who hasn't wanted to be able to play the piano, especially us hopeless romantics. I always wanted an old Victorian piano just to sit in my parlor, just collecting dust and holding a treasure trove of collectibles...like baby doll heads.


But I also love to frame these sweet covers, they just show an emotion of a time in turmoil, war and the great Depression. Also a time when love had a whole different meaning than it does today and men TOTALLY thought of women in a less than equal mode.


We've come a long way baby!!!