Monday, February 23, 2009

Hello wall...

Stairwell...
Bathroom...


Living room...



Bedroom...

Kitchen...


Ever had one of those Mondays where you are just there...so much to do and so little time...when the walls just suck you in to nowhere??? Well today is one of those days where you say...'hello wall', like in the movie 'Shirley Valentine', my all time favorite movie. This is the movie that was the catalyst for my divorce. A good woman trying to do the right thing, yet trying to become someone that was there all along, but just couldn't quite be...


This is one of those chick flicks that's just a feel good movie...at the end of the movie...just imagine yourself there on the beach drinking that glass of freedom...I did. So now I have all the freedom and not enough time, so I thought I'd give you a glimpse of the walls I talk to on a daily basis...
But today my daughter and I are going to really book out on candles for the shop and rearrange the soaps ta git cha in the mood for those SPRING scents...I said it and it felt good...SPRING!!! Actually the first day of Spring is March 20 and daylight savings time is march 8...OH MY GOD...it's so close, I can almost smell it...SWEET!!!
So tomorrow you'll get to see the new look at the shop and I think a new blog for the Candle Shed is in order...ahhhh Spring...bring it on already!!!


14 comments:

Roses and Lilacs said...

Sharon, I want to do something like that with the walls on my stairway. Did you make paper cutouts and arrange them before hanging the actual pictures? Or did you start with a few pictures and add? Are you drilling the holes into lath and plaster walls? Sorry for the quiz so early in the morning. I just have this vision of poorly arranged pictures and gaping holes in myplaster;)

trash talk said...

Sounds like you're ready to spring into action! (ba dum crash!) My idea of sound effects. BTW, I love your walls. Debbie

High Desert Diva said...

I love Shirley Valentine!

Thanks for the peek of your walls....

Utah Grammie said...

Your walls are lovely - and as long as they don't actually talk back ("well, hello yourself, Sharon!") I think it's a great thing to do. Haven't seen the movie although I think I may have seen parts of it..English? Or Australian? Maybe it was years ago, but I think I'll try to find it for rent and watch again. Yes, yell SPRING at the top of your lungs! It's on it way!! The birds are chirping...the sun is..well..almost shinning..and this old woman's fancy is turning to .....YARD SALES!!

JB Knacker said...

I wish for some of your energy on a Monday morning!! One of the kiddos home sick and another going in for 6 month shots today...so fussy and grumpy are the words for the day in my home!
The newest soap (lily of the valley) is selling well at my shop...so entice me w/ your newest Spring scents & colors and I'll be ordering again soon. Have a wonderful week, Brenda

M.Kate said...

Interesting peek at your walls and you talk to them :P wowee..spring is here soon...I remembered how happy Tracy was when spring came calling.

willow said...

Love the walls! I have an old kitchen shelf clock just like that one that was my grandmother's.

Anita said...

Sharon-

I am ready for Spring too...and excited to see your pictures. We may be coming down to the river city the weekend after Kane- to do some xplorin'- and will stop in and see your daughter's place for sure...

We are drawing a line in the sand that we ARE GOING to Texas this fall- heck or high water ( and we have had them both her elately, 'ya know). So, it's gonna be a summer of collecting like mad...and looking for a trailer. Keep your eyes peeled for us on the trailer part- 'kay?

Thanks-

Anita

dulcy said...

I love your walls! One of my favorite things is seeing into someone's home (especially someone interesting). I adore old houses! Mine is 1929. Crocus is up all over the yard and I'm so psyched for spring!

Shirely Valentine was a wonderful flic! Hadn't thought about it in a long time...

Wildeve said...

I loved Shirley Valentine...and your walls are much more interesting than hers. Bread and Tulips is another good one.
My word verification is... nester!
Now if that isn't a sign of Spring, nothing is.

summersundays-jw said...

I love Shirley Valentine. Your walls look great. My Mom always said that she had spring fever & I seem to be plagued with that. I just need to get inspired. Good luck with your candles. Can't wait to see them. Jan

white o'morn cottage said...

Good ol' Shirley Valentine. I take it a step further...I sing to the walls. Not that I can sing well but hey!...the walls don't complain.

Greyscale Territory said...

Love the chirpy bubble in your post! I have this image of you spinning round and round doing bits here and there, trying to get at least everything started! (Smiling here at the thought! May I add long hair flying as well?)

Anyways, your enthusiasm is so refreshing! Good luck with all your wonderful visions!

misselaineous said...

Hey Sharon...just love your walls! I live in a older mobile home whose walls have NO character...actually, they have minus character!! I grew up in Massachussetts, where our last residence had walls older than dirt...and I loved every one of them! I miss walls with charm...thanks for sharing yours!! *elaine*