Friday, May 28, 2010

I wandered in Iowa...to Sisters'

...and what a grand place to wander...Brandon of House Things and I share a room upstairs at Sisters...our stuff melds together perfectly...he has a style that certainly makes you want to stay a while and visit...and certainly sparks your imagination to create...

Brandon's dream is to one day have his own shop where all of his creations come to fruition...
...he's good huh!!!?

A perfectly beautiful day shines through the window of our space, creating settings out of nothing special, just the beauty we see in our minds and the stuff we drag in...

Ahhhhh...summer in Iowa...feel the warmth of each new day...and piece dragged into the store
for the perfect setting...

Did someone say summer...oh yeah, urns and more urns, can you ever have enough...NOT!

LUV this piece, it just screams country!!!

This painting is HUGE...wouldn't it look cool on a brick or stone wall, with the lil' hand-painted Italian stand near by...

Oh yeah...and Sisters' has it all, including the kitchen sink...
make the trip...
To IOWA...


PS...I finally caught a glimpse of the kitten that meows in the night...
it's fuzzy grey body wanders in twice a day for it's feeding of cream and hamburger.
It looks to be about 6 weeks old...
I can't get close yet...but who knows what a good meal with get you...

13 comments:

summersundays-jw said...

I'd sure be lured by hamburger and milk -- but guess I'm not a cat. Always love your pictures from Sisters. Hope to make it up there soon. Jan

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Can't wait to see the elusive kittten! Oh, and those post at the beginning of your post? wOnDeRfUl!

The whole store looks amazing..and yes, I would LOVE a trip to I-o-Way! I need to thank the state..After all it gave me my Mr. B :-)

willow said...

Ah. Yumminess. I collect Virgin Mary statues. I'd grab that one up in a heartbeat.

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Sharon, I want to click my heels and be transported so that I can come and shop here with you. What awesome looking things. I'm to check out Brandon's blog and hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend, T

Jeanine Burkhardt said...

I would have bought that chippy 3-drawer side table AND the concrete pediment in the last pic!*!*! Jeanine, ChiPPy!-SHaBBy!

Kelly Aaron Mosaics said...

I'm with T at Garden Antiques Vintage!!! I just wish I was there!! You have the coolest shiznit, sistah.

Hugs.

misselaineous said...

Okay Sharon, you got the goodies, but not the kitchen sink...that's a bathroom sink. I have one just like it, only with a little more rus...er, patina. Curbshopped it and almost broke my back lifting it into the back of the Blazer. Those little guys are heavy!! Have a great weekend, and patience with the kitty. I won over my little feral girl with people tuna...she still loves it! *elaine*

Anita said...

Got to chat with Brandon today at Cross Creek- we both wandered for hours...

kim@kimmykats said...

Sharon did you notice the face in the birdbath?? Or maybe it's my tired eyes! Got to smell your soap at cross creek today wonderful!

Cassie said...

A neat space that you share at Sisters! Cool stuff for sure.

ladyhawthorne said...

I had a bathroom sink exactly like that in my last home, an apt in a 1916 building! Too many pretties, good thing I'm too far away to get there, would have a negative balance then.

Gracefully Vintage said...

Ok another comment- like that kind of creepy nightlite doll head- too funny-
My mom is a dog groomer as well and has done it for 30 years , she just loves it.
Karryann

time-worn interiors said...

You guys compliment each other!I love the booth you two share! Can't wait to see it again!
Sister Tot