Tuesday, May 18, 2010

...OPEN...

Finally, the day we've been waiting for...however, many things remain to be finished, like the painting of our front doors...and black will be the paint Du jour...simply elegant...

The original 'Shed' sign now hangs in the front window...
beckoning...

Piper's friends are now anxiously arriving, they all have candle anxiety from the two weeks of turmoil...MOVING!!!

...the settings are starting to take shape, as we try to find a happy medium for all the displays...

...but you know me...the 'Queen of Cram'...you can never have enough stuff...and more will be coming in today...heehee(sorry Piper)...


...as Sweet Repose makes it's fragrant debut at the mall, more and more scents are on the agenda...

The sign I had made for Piper for Xmas one year will hang in the side window inviting you to come in and browse...

Our mall manager, Tony, says she's been bombarded with requests to occupy spaces and tells us that a national store is coming(but won't tell us who)...so maybe this little move was a good thing for us...we already know it was a good move!!!



Customers and mall rats...I mean sweet, adorable kiddies(heathens)will soon be regulars at the new location of...
Friend's Candles Shed
Muscatine, Iowa

16 comments:

turquoisemoon said...

Wishing you success!!!!
Lynn

Bev said...

That's just the kind of store I would have if I could! Is there a website for the store? I would love to have some of that pink enamelware! Good luck to you guys! May discerning, wealthy customers find you!

Cheery wave from Bev

http://44thstreetfabric.blogspot.com

sassytrash said...

Oh wow...it looks WONDERFUL!! I wish I could take a slight detour on the way to FL to see it! Have you had that sigh of relief yet?

trash talk said...

The suspense builds. I just know it is going to be a huge success. This is the one!
Debbie

Sue (Vintage Rescue) said...

You're gonna be SWAMPED, I know. I love that muslin Paris tacked on the table. You just solved one of my dilemmas.... as usual!

Golden West said...

Looking good! All that hard work will be paying off for you both. Congratulations on a job well done!

Rusty said...

What a beautiful spot! Makes me want to live closer just to visit. With all the treasure I hope there is room for people. (Grinning). The place must have that certain magic - a certain feeling - certain memories too. ATB!

Kelly Aaron Mosaics said...

It all looks fantastic!! Can't wait to see it!

donna baker said...

Boy Sharon, when you say go you go.

The Attic said...

Looks so good! You guys made a great choice but I think the title of this post need to be " How Much Stuff Can Sharon Cram Into A Shop? :)

xoxo

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

I wish you a lots and lots of success! Good luck with the mall brats. LOL They can be a hand full when the parents dont have an eye on them...Julian

angelandspot said...

Congrats on the move and being open. I'll have to come in sometime the next time I make it into Muscatine. I don't get over that way much anymore since I don't work in Muscatine anymore but I'll get there someday. It looks so lovely!

Lori R. said...

Twice in two days,,,, I can't stay away... brought someone with me today and told 3 different people that worked in the mall where you were and made them smell my candles in my bag! I am lucky they didn't have me taken away for harassment. But as one person that worked in the mall said, "I had no idea there were any businesses open down there!!!" Hello world, come on down!!

suzeeez said...

The shop looks wonderful ! Your hard work is paying off. I wish I didn't live 19 hours away because I would have been at your shop today.
Good Luck ! Sue

summersundays-jw said...

It looks great!!! Wish you much, much success. I'm with you -- just keep stuffing that inventory in. Jan

willow said...

It looks wonderful! I wish you much success!!! xox