Monday, May 24, 2010

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........

My first day of playing in my gardens was spent picking strawberries...quickly before the robins all got their share of the biggest juiciest ones...YUMMM...
finally some warm weather, 90 degrees, so the plants will be really taking off now!

My final haul...picking strawberries is no task for the feeble...it goes like this...one for the bucket, one for the mouth...if you follow this simple routine...there's totally enough to go around...right...
plus I sent a bag home with my dad for him and my brother to pour over ice cream...dad says...
if there's any left...ha!
Yup, welcome to my world!

7 comments:

hollyhock garden antiques said...

yum strawberries ! i never was into gardening as much as i am this year my moms grandpa had a big garden and and mom sed he coined the phrase say it with flowers ??? working at some rose farm but ever since him we have had gardens moms 74 and she is still gardening think i have to help her this year she has slowed down a lot since last year. i love watching the fountains out my kitchen window in the morning doing dishes . love to look what on your blog thanks

Golden West said...

Amazing how fast you got a crop! Seems like you just got them in the ground last month... Must be that rich Iowa soil!

sarayutouched said...

i've discovered strawberry plants have taken over a section of the garden spot. dad won't be plowing this year so the plants are happily spreading out. last year he must have dragged them from one part of the garden to this spot...actually not really sure where they came from. But happy to see them...doubt i will have your crop!!

summersundays-jw said...

I didn't know they were ready yet. I'm headed to farmer's mkt. tomorrow to get me some. Mennonite Women Can Cook have an interesting book on their blog today & a strawberry jelly recipe. I'm ready!. Jan

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Yep, you have strawberries...we have snow. Somehow I think that's not fair :-(flonsae

nana_ang_poppaphil said...

I just had to check to see if you had posted about your strawberries, after your comment on my blog.And I'm not disappointed, they look so yummy.

Strawberries are my favourite fruit, going to be a few months before we see them over here. Enjoy them. My mouth is still watering.

MyMaracas said...

Can I come and live with you?

Your place feels so much like home, so relaxed and pleasant and creative. Plus: Strawberries.