Monday, May 17, 2010

I'm baaaaccckkkk...


We are finally finished clearing out the old shop...and wowza, what a job!!!
Almost 10 years in the same location , one tends to collect along the way.
The cancer benefits given during Piper's husband's illness accumulated tons of glass containers donated and all had to be cleaned and sorted...
many others dropped off doors and windows and screens
and funky junk that we all use in display or for the creation of inventory.

Well, I've been in this biz long enough to know that nothing gets thrown into the trash...
I'm a real stickler about recycling anyway...AND...
you never know what might be there waiting to be created...sooooo...
this is what my yard looks like right now...argh...
I have no garage or any storage of any kind, all but my trailer and let's hope I don't have to use it real soon!

So, today we will be officially open for biz...the water has been turned on...the printer will have new ink, we will be ready to roll!
Tomorrow, pics of the finished product!

11 comments:

Gatherings said...

I stored a few things when we moved as it just seemed overwhelming with stuff then I brought them out as needed. Probably in a couple of weeks you could use them somewhere. Good Luck I feel your pain! Wanda

Lori R. said...

WOWZA is right!!!!
All that good stuff in the garage. Sorry I couldn't help. I guess it is a good way to take inventory!
Best of luck in the new place. I think in 3 months you two will be saying, "Why didn't we do this sooner!"

simplyiowa said...

Hey Sweet Pea!....
That old Trolley is COOL! I,too, have every corner filled...But, always need more....
Have a Great Day! LOVE THE SOAP!!!!
Barb C.

summersundays-jw said...

What a lot of work. Watch out -- people will be stopping & wanting to shop in your yard. Hope you have a great opening week. Jan

sassytrash said...

Can't wait to see the shop pics!
(How do you manage without a garage or storage? At least you have the trailer--I really need to get one for the trip to FL, but I am challenging myself to buy only smalls--which means I will come across lots of big stuff!)

Kelly Aaron Mosaics said...

CONGRATS!!! Can't wait to see pics and you know I will be checking it out in person this summer. Best of luck to you, Sistah Junk!!!!!

Shab-n-Chic said...

I hope you had a fantastic day in sales and LOTS of fun and new friendships. Be sure to take time to rest..if you even know what that means! xoxo
nanc

ginger said...

Best of luck,can't wait to see pictures.Do you know that in Hiawatha there is a place called Restore, you can donate or buy.Prices are pretty reasonable new and old stuff Your kind of place, I drove past there the other day and thought I need to tell Sharon about this place. When things settle down and you take a minute to breath you should come up and check it out
Again BEST OF LUCK Ginger

M.Kate said...

Hi Sharon, glad you've clean up everything, and it's good to see lots of green over there. Enjoy your spring time. Hugs..M

cconz said...

I'll be out next weekend!! I can't6 wait!

Anita said...

Looks like my yard did earlier this week- cleaning out garage and basement - getting house spi n span for graduation party. I have found LOTS of new merchandise... buried in the overflow. Goodwill loved me today. More went to Artifcats. Houseworks tomorrow. I see a light...is that organization or a train???aaakkk