Thursday, June 3, 2010

Change is good...

Scratchy and I drive the back roads again, searching and searching...
Newly planted fields of corn and beans dot the Iowa landscape, as a new season begins again...

A rare glimpse of the lil' wild soul that lives under the porch...
do you think the terrier will ever accept this new prey as friend?
Can a cat-eater ever feel the softer side of life...

Thank the Gods that my heathen can't befriend this wild soul...OUCH!
Snapping turtles are not fuzzy friends...but
they share our world
and we respect!!!
(from afar)

As you can see, this wandering soul has changed the look of the blog, always curious and always unsettled, this Earthly wild child is constantly seeking new life in her world...
I want to dance and play like there's no tomorrow!

...as me and 'the heathen' travel our path together into life's unknown...
be a part of the change...

11 comments:

Greyscale Territory said...

Change is definitely good! Refreshing! Exhilerating!

My reports are done at last! Yahoo! But I have the flu quite badly! Boo hoo! No idea why I am finding it all funny.

So change for me right now is gazing out the window without feeling guilty that I have reports to do! And next week is exam marking week! O help!

So I am here again looking for some of your world! Great to see that little kitty is still with you!
Hope you're enjoying your week!

Remote hugs because I don't want you getting my germs!

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Love the new look and love seeing Scratchy..that shot of him looking at the turtle is darling..enjoy your journey through this wild, wonderful beautiful world..and, by the way, love your music - they are one of my favorite heart-strings-pulling sounds ever :-)

sassytrash said...

What is it about the backroads that refreshes and inspires the soul?
Love your new look!

willow said...

Aw, that shot of Scratchy in the mirror is just the sweetest pic ever!!!

time-worn interiors said...

I know about the playing! Me 2! Fun isn't it!
TOT

housethings said...

WOW...Love the new background!

angelandspot said...

Love the new look of the blog! Saw you on the news last night and this morning :)

ginger said...

I agree the picture of Scratchy is great.The new look is cool, when I first opened and didn't see the old couple I thought whats this then relized you had changed the look. Hope you can make it to the Traveling Bettys' Sale next weekend,I know it's a long drive.
Take care Ginger

sarayutouched said...

love it, and you...wouldn't have you any other way!!

sure would be nice if scratchy made friends with that little grey soul on the porch...we can always dream...

see ya for coffee soon.

summersundays-jw said...

If you don't stop letting Scratchy drive, you're going to get thrown in the slammer. I think I need to go out for a long drive in the country & clear some of the cobwebs out of my brain. Change is always good but sometimes hard to accomplish. You're always an inspiration. Have a good weekend. Jan

misselaineous said...

Really like the new look...I didn't think Scratchy was old enough to drive. Change is good, although at times it is forced upon us, and seems a bit harder to embrace. *elaine*