Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Where women create...a photo study...

Are you serious...walk through the doors of my studio...

Note piece of furniture on the lower left awaiting it's turn for a new coat of paint...
This is my living room/computer room where it all begins...

This is my computer desk/swamp where all of my soap orders are taken and where 'THE BLOG' work is done...

This is my garage/storage/tool shed...oh yeah, I forgot...leanto...

...projects await...

This is the inside where all my wonderful doors are stored, plus lawnmower...etc...

Let's move on to the kitchen...slash sweatshop...this is where all the soaps are brewed...
I have two kitchen WORK tables, both are used for WORK...now if you should get the notion to actually eat in the kitchen...WHATEVER...

Laundry room and scent cupboard...told ya this is an old kitchen...I'm just glad I have a modern washer and dryer...the cupboard is where all of my soap scents are stored...
Washer sometimes(most times)stands in as work station...

Let's move on to the grooming/paint room...this is where I groom your dogs until noon every day...then when that is finished, I paint furniture here and rewire all my lamps...

This is 'THE CHAIR'...this is the one that puts me to sleep for that power nap in the middle of the day...it's my Lazygirl...as you can see, surrounded by piles of magazines to spark ideas...

Yes...this is my studio...this is where I paint furniture for three locations, make soaps for a gazillion locations, groom your furry heathens, do my watercolors, write poetry, make jewelry and garden...
and yes, occasionally sleep...
But I wouldn't have it any other way...
and this too is the reason I stay single...unless the man is an artist or a TOTAL free spirit...
none need apply!!!

...and now you know why I need a garage...

stay happy!!!

12 comments:

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

I LOVE your pretty-in-pink studio/sweatshop/groomery/sometimes-sleepy place! Looks like "home" to me..so glad you are happy there - and that sleepy-chair? I have one that casts a sleepy-spell on me whenever I sit there - lol !

summersundays-jw said...

A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do -- that's what I always say. I'm like you, I create all over my house, yard & garage. Today I'll be createin' in the airconditioned house. Jan

Golden West said...

Thanks for the tour! My dining room is similar to your kitchen - the 1118 items (and back stock) in the Etsy store are stacked on, under, and around the dining room table and chairs. Mix that in with the 3 Christmas trees currently out as we do our 2010 season product shots, and well, you get the picture... I love it!

MARY PERNULA said...

I love your life...your home is the way it is suppose to be. ALL of us that have a need to create use our entire home..........garden or anyplace that will allow us to place our projects down........I am glad I am not the only one that has things scattered all over the place. Have a great day. XO MARY

willow said...

I love "NUT"!!!! :)

T said...

Thanks for the tour! What a life!! And once again....don't know where you find the time and energy to do all that you do.

Spadoman said...

Looks inviting. As I think I mentioned some time ago when I first saw the oputside of the pink abode, "I'd like to have a lemonade on that porch"
I'm not applying, I have my hands full, but I do like your surroundings. Well used but not used up, maybe like you. (that's a compliment)
Nice stuff. Thanks for sharing. When's a good time to catch you at that antique shop?


Peace

The Attic Girls said...

Great tour! Love your ending.."none need apply" LOL.....who needs one when you have Scratchy? :)

sassytrash said...

I am sooo wanting to post pics of my REALLY trashy workspace--"Where Women Go Mad"--but don't have the nerve! (actually it's finally clean and organized now, but still an ugly cave)
Your's on the other hand is so interesting and I can see why you are so productive in that fun and cool chateau. And how exciting to have a new garage in the works!!

turquoisemoon said...

Thanks for posting and sharing this. I thought my garage space was simply awful and was ashamed. I guess I'm just as normal??? as the rest??? ha ha ha! Great post!

time-worn interiors said...

You know I love your studio! Every last inch of it!
Sis

suzeeez said...

You are a very busy lady....I love your home and love that you fill your days with things you love to do.
:o) Sue