Monday, June 21, 2010

Dreams do come true...

Have you ever had a dream...something that you knew would be impossible, but if you wished hard enough and worked hard enough...it could really come true...
WELL...
My Dad and brother and myself are collaborating on making it happen...
I'm getting my shop/garage/studio down at the Pink Chateau.
You know how Tasha Tuder lived out her dreams, well into old age, well this is my 'rabbit hole'
my retirement and the ground zero to make it all happen.
We're putting up a building...a 12X24 garage, it's not huge, but it's a start!
Then from this point on my empire will begin, as John, my new best friend, an Amish carpenter up near Sisters' Garden, will soon begin to build on my fantasy...
Finally a place for all of my vintage doors, many rabbit holes for intrepid junk pickers to reach their final destination...JUNKVILLE!!!

I went shopping yesterday, kind of out of a need for another table for my expanding soap biz
(and who needs a need)right...heehee...
I have a big ol' timey kitchen, but no counter space, so I depend on tables and under tables to hold all the supplies and surface to carve my craft.
Soon I'll be making ol'timey lye soap for the new shop and work space is just a must!
Sweet huh...and while I was shopping I found these cute lil' pottery items too...
These soap batches drying on the new table are heading out to Alice in Castle Rock Colorado.

I love portraits of women...so now begins my collection for the new shop, a shop for women to dream dreams in and portraits of those that have dreamed...
once upon a time...

...and as always, birdhouses, you can never have enough...right...

Align CenterThe shop will be painted white inside and out...the hours will be...
if you see my truck I'm open...
I'll try to have 4 flea sales a year, hoping to get other vendors to set up for these too...
Piper will sell her candles here too, all herbal and floral scents, ol' timey garden variety smells to bring back the memories so long forgotten.
Long range plans are to have my chicken house built next summer, no one should ever have to rise alone in the morning without a rooster crowing into the sunrise...
This to me is paradise...
and mine will soon be complete!
Move over Alice, my wonderland cometh...

Thanks Dad and Bro...my mad hatters!!!

18 comments:

time-worn interiors said...

You forgot to tell people you have no place to set down and eat in your kitchen!! It's all work and no eat for Sharon!! LOL! I am so excited about your building, I can't wait! Dang 2 months is a long time in Wonderland! Have a great day sis!
TOT

Jeanine Burkhardt said...

This is definitely going to be a summer to remember... **BeSt of Luck** with your new vision... I look forward to seeing the progress pics... Jeanine, ChiPPy!-SHaBBy!

hollyhock garden antiques said...

i am so excited for you wow

willow said...

This is too exciting!! What would we do without our mad hatters?

Rebecca said...

Hello
So glad you stopped by the studio!
I love your new look here... I am so happy for you that you are realizing your dreams! What a thrill that must be.
One of these days I am going to take a road trip down your way. I have tried to put one together several times and it just didn't work out. I even bought a table from White but couldn't pick it up.
One of these days!
Many Blessings
Rebecca

Rusty said...

WOW! How exciting can things get? Just remember to save a little space for yourself. (Grin I read what time-warn said). ATB!

lovesoldstuff said...

How exciting for you! Life is short and the bucket list is long. So happy your dream is soon to be reality.

MARY PERNULA said...

Hello my fellow blogger. I am so happy your are getting this new space for your wonderful items. 2 months will go by fast. XO MARY

summersundays-jw said...

You go girl!!!! We should all be able to have something to look forward to. I'll look forward to your first sale -- wish I was close enough to get fresh eggs. Jan

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Sharon, this is great news, really excited for you. Now, if I can just get myself your way, that would be fun shopping in your store. Will you keep the store at the mall or maybe eventually move it all to your new building?

Pam said...

How exciting. We all need our own space! It was so fun meeting you and can't wait to head back your way. The soap is selling like crazy!
Pam

The Attic Girls said...

This BIG! I have to ask you..do you ever give your brain a break? LOL...you are always cookin up sumthin! I can't wait to see the end result...you have so many fans. I know it will take off!

High Desert Design Council said...

"Move over Alice, my wonderland cometh."

Love that.

So happy for you Sharon.

Virginiarose said...

So glad you get to start on your space.I agree with Jan can"t wait for your first sale,maybe I can drag some things down.It sounds like a good time for all.
You take care of you Ginger

donna baker said...

Sharon, you're a rich woman.

Kelly Aaron Mosaics said...

This is going to be "da bomb", just like everything else you do. I heart you, Sharon Wilson!!!!!!!!

Anita said...

woo hoo! This is going to be awesome. Our studios are similar. My kids eat at the kitchen counter on stools because the table is covered with projects...but I JUST uncovered a work bench in the garage...crazy place to find one, huh?

cconz said...

That is SOOO cool sharon, See if you want something bad enough it will somehow happen. I can't wait.