Friday, June 18, 2010

Salvation...paradise and death from above...

Now don't be thinkin' I'm getting all mushy on ya now...I'm talkin' about the Salvation Army...
Every once in a while you find something cool, well I usually do find something cool every time I go, but I almost walked by these lil' gems...cool huh...

Two plaster statues, both about 12 inches high, but just too cool, I just had to make them mine...
This is a happy piper, probably piping to his flock...

Now this...would you call him 'the flocker'...well probably not, guess he would be the shepherd...herding his flock...OK, that was a little Friday humor...

...this is paradise, the view from my front door after an overnight thunderstorm made my newly mowed grass grow another 2 inches...

THIS is the death from above...a crop duster...disturbing my peace as he drops toxins all over our little blue orb...you think the gulf spill is bad...this happens every year like clockwork...
ALL SUMMER LONG!!!

I need to get my water filters replaced!
And we wonder where all of the cancers and disease come from...

5 comments:

summersundays-jw said...

I wasn't aware they still did this. How sad that you move to the country for fresh air then they send a plane to spread poison. Love your treasures. Hope you have a great weekend and can get that grass mowed. Jan

Lori Miller, Round barn Potting Co. said...

Morning. Thank you so much for your kind words and for visiting.

I do ship, but unfortunately we still do things the old fashioned way....phone or email. You can call the store 763.427.5321 or shoot me an email rbpottingco@aol.com and we can get you your treasures.

have a beautiful weekend ~Lori

cconz said...

What crazy weather we have!! It's pouring as i type. Will it ever stop?
I can find some cool stuff at goodwill too. Also, the crowded closet. It's run by church groups. It's a crap shoot,,, you never know what you'll find.

Greyscale Territory said...

It must be raining round the world! We are barely escaping a day without some rain! We had sunshine for about an hour today! Luckily I was by the sea at the time at Stony Point and managed a few shots (I was determined to get out with my camera, no matter what!) before the grim greys settled in again!
All I think of that all this must add to the water storage before Summer rocks around again!
And adore your little white staues!

Paula Scott said...

Ugh!!! That seems so unethical for a crop duster to spray toxins like that. So much for EPA...we need to get rid of lobbyists so that we can effectively change our laws to protect us and not serve the interests of those that lobby. What a racket.